Search

LHR-FUE Only Short Connection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
LHR-FUE Only Short Connection

I'm slightly confused

I've been looking at LHR-FUE Via Madrid flights.

Iberia only seems to offer a limited selection of their actual daily flights but with a short connection.

e.g LHR10:50 -Mad15.45 Arrive FUE17.35 that's a 1hr25 connection with seems a tad tight

Now they have a daily 9.15 departure from LHR to MAD which would give a more comfortable 3hr connection but they do not offer this option despite availability on this flight

Any ideas why this would be? The only day it actually offers this option is flying on Tuesdays.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by RyanLHR
I'm slightly confused

I've been looking at LHR-FUE Via Madrid flights.

Iberia only seems to offer a limited selection of their actual daily flights but with a short connection.

e.g LHR10:50 -Mad15.45 Arrive FUE17.35 that's a 1hr25 connection with seems a tad tight

Now they have a daily 9.15 departure from LHR to MAD which would give a more comfortable 3hr connection but they do not offer this option despite availability on this flight

Any ideas why this would be? The only day it actually offers this option is flying on Tuesdays.
Hi,

A 1 Hr 25 connection at MAD is easily doable.
Flying on IB ( and not a widebody jet) you will arrive at T4 then a passport check almost immediately as you exit the jetway then you are in the same departures area that the FUE flight will leave from ( although it could be from the other end of the terminal building)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Try pricing up the combination you want on Google Flights, and see whether it links up properly to the purchase page on iberia.com
RyanLHR likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BA6501
Try pricing up the combination you want on Google Flights, and see whether it links up properly to the purchase page on iberia.com

Thanks. that seems to work. Did try the same with skyscanner but wouldn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.