Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Help Please - Change/cancel Avios booking with the 90000 promotion

Old Mar 22, 19, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Etihad Gold, Westjet Gold, Virgin Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHGold, CCGold, IHGPlat and Ambass

Hi Iberia experts

Apologies if this has been answered previously but I can’t find similar. Looking for guidance please.

I have two booking using the 90000 avios promotion - both UK domestic on BA

1. This is for three of us but one of my kids can’t go now. Me and the other one still want to travel. Can I cancel the one person and still travel. Assume change fees of 25 euros and that’s wont get avios back but would get the tax back?

2. This is for four of us and just need to cancel. Assume change fee of 25 euros each and that won’t get avios back but would get the 50 tax back each

Also can’t do any if the above online ��

Many thanks for guidance

Cheers

Old Mar 22, 19, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
You may or may not get your Avios back if you cancel.

On flight 1 I would just leave everything as is and have the one child no-show (leaving an empty middle seat for you). You won't get much, if any change, from paying the 25 euro to get your taxes back. In theory they should be able to cancel just the one passenger, but you would also run the risk of a major screw-up.

On flight 2 you should cancel without mentioning the promo Avios, and hope to get your Avios back along with your taxes. (if you do get them back, move them to BAEC ASAP)
Old Mar 22, 19, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Online not possible. Everything on the phone. Good luck!

Search this Thread