should I switch from QRPC to IB plus?

Old Feb 27, 19, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
should I switch from QRPC to IB plus?

I am a QRPC Gold passenger, and doing 2 Asia-Europe OW flights each year. Figured out one return on QR will get me 2000 elite points. I am wondering if I should switch to IB Plus since I did two asia-europe flights and one asia-north america flights to get Gold status.
Old Feb 27, 19, 10:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12 View Post
I am a QRPC Gold passenger, and doing 2 Asia-Europe OW flights each year. Figured out one return on QR will get me 2000 elite points. I am wondering if I should switch to IB Plus since I did two asia-europe flights and one asia-north america flights to get Gold status.
It might work for you, as long as your Doha to Europe flights are on 3,000+ mile routes such as London or Paris.

Of course elite status is only part of the issue. You only receive redeemable miles of 125% of miles flown with IB+ and OW partner rewards are non-refundable via IB+ and more expensive via BAEC.
Old Feb 27, 19, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
It might work for you, as long as your Doha to Europe flights are on 3,000+ mile routes such as London or Paris.

Of course elite status is only part of the issue. You only receive redeemable miles of 125% of miles flown with IB+ and OW partner rewards are non-refundable via IB+ and more expensive via BAEC.
Being a student and not 18 makes me impossible to join BAEC, so the second easy FFP in OW I now figured is IB. Doesn't really care about redeemable miles, as long as I can redeem a F trip in 3 years, it will be fine for me.

Usually I fly to MAD or BCN and connect to FRA or CPH, since flying into MAD is cheaper (IB have a promo few months before, 1646 USD roundtrip PVG-MAD Business. ) and DOH-MAD is 3317 miles. PVG-DOH-MAD is around 2500 USD these days.

BTW how long does AVIOS last in the account? 3 years or 5 years?
Old Feb 28, 19, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jerrythegreat12 View Post

BTW how long does AVIOS last in the account? 3 years or 5 years?
Forever, as long as you remain active and earn an Avios every 3 years...
Old Feb 28, 19, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Forever, as long as you remain active and earn an Avios every 3 years...
Oh that's great!

Search this Thread