Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia Award ticket Call center issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, United, American, Singapore
Iberia Award ticket Call center issues

Anyone else struggle calling in trying to get help with an award ticket???? I've called 4 times this morning, they disconnected 3 of the 4 calls so far. Long story short We fly ORD to Mad and then on to DBV next September. They cancelled the Mad to DBV flight and scheduled us out the next day. Meanwhile the return trip home they cancelled the DBV to MAD leg, so I haven't even tried to deal with that part yet. I tried to call and just have them switch us to American because there are open seats from PHL to DBV non stop each direction. No dice. They can't book american awards they said???

Can I just cancel this entire trip and have them redeposit the award miles at htis point? The miles come from there 90k promotion last year.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Your only choice is to accept the changes, think of an alternative routing on IB metal that has award space or ask for a refund. Since the Avios came from the promo you might not receive any refund.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:02 am

Why are you at the mercy of open Iberia award space on an involuntary schedule change...that doesn't make any sense.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Why are you at the mercy of open Iberia award space on an involuntary schedule change...that doesn't make any sense.
Because this far in advance the only thing that IB (or any other European airline) must do is offer a refund. There is zero obligation to re-route you on a different airline. Nor is there actually an obligation to put you on different flights. (although most airlines would rather keep your money so will offer something...)

Because there's no obligation beyond a refund, IB doesn't see the need to open its entire route network to the OP. And since the OP doesn't really want a refund due to the promo, he is stuck with whatever IB offer...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.