Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Warning: Paid for Bags not showing on Booking at check-in

Warning: Paid for Bags not showing on Booking at check-in

Old Feb 15, 19, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Angry Warning: Paid for Bags not showing on Booking at check-in

Had a strange situation in the last week. I booked a basic fare with only cabin baggage and before my trip paid 90€(45€ each way) for one checked bag. At check in on the outbound they couldn't see this checked bag, but after showing them the confirmation(in German), they did some additional digging and finally found it. On the return from JNB, they couldn't find it either and couldn't read the confirmation and I was forced to pay a second time(this time 700ZAR + VAT. There is perhaps nothing more infuriating than being forced to pay for the same thing twice, but I figured I could clear it up later. So far their twitter and facebook seems out to lunch, so it looks like I will have to end up disputing it on my credit card. I may try to ring their US number, but I don't have high hopes that I'll get anywhere. Anyways, this can't be an isolated problem, so if you are adding luggage to a booking, be sure to arrive at check-in with plenty of time, and your confirmation hopefully printed in multiple languages.

Edit: After finding the complaint form on the website, I submitted my documents and should expect an answer within 21 business days. Obviously I'll be going directly to disputing the charge.

Booking was done through Iberia.de, which makes this all the more puzzling/infuriating.

Last edited by largeeyes; Feb 15, 19 at 1:27 pm

Search this Thread