Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Meal timings on long day flight in J? (MAD-EZE)

Old Feb 12, 19, 6:41 am
dnw
Original Poster

Flying MAD-EZE next week in J on the day flight (IB6849) with a 0900 departure and 1755 arrival. Would anyone know how long after take off they serve the main meal? is it delayed a few hours to be more of a lunch?

Just wondering how much (or little!) to eat in the lounge beforehand...

thanks.
Old Feb 12, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
IME airlines (including IB) are rubbish at matching meal times with when passengers might want to eat. I would like to hope that this is based on food freshness, etc. rather than flight attendants just wanting to get the service out of the way so that they can relax.

You will probably get a main meal around 2-3 hours into flight and a lighter meal a couple of hours before landing. I suspect that one might prefer it the other way around, especially with that morning departure.
more4less likes this.
Old Feb 12, 19, 11:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
https://www.iberia.com/gb/on-board/on-board-menu/

Then click on the onboard service times tab. Not impressed with my Quito flight offerings in March. Not sure about timings but it might help you in deciding if you want hot food in the lounge as it appears daytime flights just serve cold food!!
Old Feb 13, 19, 7:37 am

Hi, you should be able to book the meals when your flight departs from Madrid. I could do this in my booking section on iberia.com for my flight 3 weeks ago to Medellin.
Old Feb 13, 19, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I'm trying to book my meal now but can't see the special meals on my booking that they show online - they are only showing the standard beef, fish or pasta. Any ideas?
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:13 pm
dnw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antipest View Post
https://www.iberia.com/gb/on-board/on-board-menu/

Then click on the onboard service times tab.
Thanks, looks like I make the hot category by literally a minute! States hot breakfast and lunch so will go easy in the lounge.

Originally Posted by Madli View Post
Hi, you should be able to book the meals when your flight departs from Madrid.
Thanks, didn’t know about this option. I’m offered three complimentary choices in addition to special meals (Business Plus). Are these just reserving what will otherwise be available onboard (as BA does) or are they additional options on top?
Old Feb 14, 19, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by dnw View Post

Thanks, looks like I make the hot category by literally a minute! States hot breakfast and lunch so will go easy in the lounge.

Thanks, didnít know about this option. Iím offered three complimentary choices in addition to special meals (Business Plus). Are these just reserving what will otherwise be available onboard (as BA does) or are they additional options on top?
These are the same options which will be avalaible on board. So just a reserving a meal. But at least you know what to expect.