Wiki Posts
Search

Holding two tickets on the same day

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
Holding two tickets on the same day

I know some airlines are very aggressive about proactively cancelling tickets when they overlap, does anyone have personal experience with Iberia? I have two bookings (different destinations) on a day right now and am not sure which one I am going to end up using. I don't plan on holding them but a few days, and travel isn't for a few months.

Last edited by jmail1; Feb 7, 2019 at 8:10 pm
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Different destinations should never be a problem.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
No problem. (It could potentially be a problem if on the same flight)
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tobsw
No problem. (It could potentially be a problem if on the same flight)
Or multiple flights on the same route / date on a flex fare where it's obvious you're just gaming the system.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
Two completely separate destinations, one is the tail end of an AA ticketed flight the other is a single point flight that is Iberia ticketed. And to be clear, both are non-refundable so they've got my money either way.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:44 pm

No issues at all even on the same destination. If you buy a ticket on 4 different flights MAD-BCN on the same day for example and they are ticketed NON REF then you will just be a no show. IB dont care you have paid them.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmail1
Two completely separate destinations, one is the tail end of an AA ticketed flight the other is a single point flight that is Iberia ticketed. And to be clear, both are non-refundable so they've got my money either way.
If IB were to cancel, they'd have to give you your money back. So not going to happen...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.