Iberia's horrendous US call center service

Old Jan 27, 19, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Platinum, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
Angry Iberia's horrendous US call center service

I know this is incredibly shocking to all of you (LOL) but I am truly astounded by the horrendous service that Iberia has from its (I presume) Colombian call center. I have had this experience before with IB but rarely have I ever encountered an airline with such disastrous customer service.
I have native fluency in Spanish so this is not any misunderstanding on my part.

Yesterday I called to change my FF number on a reservation.

These were the four (tragic) answers I got:

Call #1 : "This isn't something we can do in this office. You will have to do that at the airport."

Call #2 : "I don't have the authorization to change a FF number."

Call #3 : "I don't understand why you want to change your FF number? Sir, if you can't explain to me why I cannot help you" (explained I had OW status with a different airline... didn't register...)

Call #4 : "I'm not sure how to do that, sir. You can do that online (explained it wasn't working)."

Is this really a service center? Or a group of people they pulled off the street and gave phones to??

Aside from being incompetent (para colmo... even worse...) they are also incredibly arrogant. It's beyond pathetic. Not that I expect much but is there ANY WAY whatsoever to publicize or bring this to the attention of IB management?
Old Jan 28, 19, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler View Post
I know this is incredibly shocking to all of you (LOL) but I am truly astounded by the horrendous service that Iberia has from its (I presume) Colombian call center. I have had this experience before with IB but rarely have I ever encountered an airline with such disastrous customer service.
I have native fluency in Spanish so this is not any misunderstanding on my part.

Yesterday I called to change my FF number on a reservation.

These were the four (tragic) answers I got:

Call #1 : "This isn't something we can do in this office. You will have to do that at the airport."

Call #2 : "I don't have the authorization to change a FF number."

Call #3 : "I don't understand why you want to change your FF number? Sir, if you can't explain to me why I cannot help you" (explained I had OW status with a different airline... didn't register...)

Call #4 : "I'm not sure how to do that, sir. You can do that online (explained it wasn't working)."

Is this really a service center? Or a group of people they pulled off the street and gave phones to??

Aside from being incompetent (para colmo... even worse...) they are also incredibly arrogant. It's beyond pathetic. Not that I expect much but is there ANY WAY whatsoever to publicize or bring this to the attention of IB management?
Agreed - the Miami office that I have to deal with, from front-line to supervisors are nothing but obdurate, obstinate, and all-round unfriendly
Old Jan 30, 19, 7:53 am

Try changing it on finnair.com that should work. Agree the call centre is awful
Old Jan 30, 19, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat (4m+), AF Platinum, A3 Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Plat
No that doesn’t work-
it accepts it on Finnair but won’t change it on Iberia.. Iberia number reappears.

Search this Thread