Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Premium Economy Seats on the A340 to London (LHR)

Old Jan 27, 19, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

I booked a flight from MAD-LHR on the A340-600. It is operated by a three class frame with PE. I was unable to book seats at all when I made my booking and got assigned a random window seat. (This was due to my BA Frequent Flyer number attached to the booking, booked on iberia.com)

If I do a dummy booking, Rows 11-15 are available in a 2-3-2 configuration but when I rang them they said they were "restricted". Why can't I select them despite being able to book if I bought a new ticket?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 19, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I’ve flown this recently, though I booked via BA on codeshare. The BA call centre was able to reserve a seat in the PE section for me, not sure they will do that on an IB-issued ticket.

Generally when booking IB flights via IB (with a BAEC number in the booking, though not sure how much difference it makes), I’ve had more success with seat selection using the IB app rather than the website. I realise this doesn’t answer your specific question, but maybe worth a try.

It was a pleasant flight, apart from the remote stand and bus transfer for boarding at MAD.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 19, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
Iíve flown this recently, though I booked via BA on codeshare. The BA call centre was able to reserve a seat in the PE section for me, not sure they will do that on an IB-issued ticket.

Generally when booking IB flights via IB (with a BAEC number in the booking, though not sure how much difference it makes), Iíve had more success with seat selection using the IB app rather than the website. I realise this doesnít answer your specific question, but maybe worth a try.

It was a pleasant flight, apart from the remote stand and bus transfer for boarding at MAD.
In theory a good idea. However,
  • Would have booked on BA but they wanted me to take direct A320 flight. I wanted cheaper, albeit longer, to snag a A340. BA wouldnít let me book it with them.
  • Booked with IB and couldnít select any seats when booking. Rang them and they canít select the PE seats. Only ďnormalĒ seats. They wouldnít even assign exit rows.
  • App is totally useless. It shows me my flights but wonít let me amend anything. I canít even see my seat assignment, let alone change it. I canít see any of my details either. Just the flight numbers and price. Utterly useless.
  • MMB on Iberia.com equally useless. I can at least see booked seats there but I canít select new ones or see the seat maps.
I think ill Iíll give BA a call tomorrow. Thatís my last chance I guess. Theyíll all be long gone by T-24hra if and when they open up. Why IB canít assign them over the phone is another mystery.
Old Jan 29, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
In my experience they will open it up for seat selection at check-in
george77300 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 19, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LupineChemist View Post
In my experience they will open it up for seat selection at check-in
Oh I'm sure, but no use to me as they are currently bookable if I book another flight. They will be long gone by check in, unfortunately.
Old Jan 30, 19, 2:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA
They have recently started allowing people to select these seats for an additional fee (unless Emerald, maybe other tiers too). Same concept as the extra legroom seats on the A321.

Not sure why the OP can't select them, though.
Old Feb 4, 19, 3:25 am

Programs: BA
We have booked MAD-LHR in economy on 15/5/19 on A350 and the seat map immediately allowed me to book PE seats. Perhaps the seatmaps have been updated now.

Search this Thread