Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

IBERIA, change without compensation is it normal !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:06 am
S.G
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia / Qatar Privilege /

Hi Iberia Experts,

Iberia changed my flight ( bought with the 9000 avios promo ) from Medellin to Madrid, from 22/06 to 23/06 ( Business class ). I already send two complaints via my Iberia profile/ flight schedule, explaining that i will have more costs ... one more night in Medellin, more food, one more day of holidays... and the bautifull answer i receive was the following ( two times exactly the same thing )...

"Our flight schedules are altered every time the season changes and also during certain holiday periods according to demand and the availability of take-off and landing slots at airports. Whenever this situation arises, as in your case, the changes are announced through the ticket purchase point. "

I must accept this ? What can i do ? I already lost flighs for exemple from the9.000 promo that i could not fly and they don´t me let change without penalties ( more expensive than buying new ones ). Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You either accept the changes or you ask for a full refund.
nancypants and craigthemif like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:18 am
S.G
Original Poster

Ok tobsw , that is what they offer me and i will accept but ( i have no other choice now ), i also need to make some changes on some dates of flights i have with them... why they can unilaterally change and i have costs ? I must accpet it, basically . Thanks
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by S.G
Ok tobsw , that is what they offer me and i will accept but ( i have no other choice now ), i also need to make some changes on some dates of flights i have with them... why they can unilaterally change and i have costs ? I must accpet it, basically . Thanks
First, they are not changing it unilaterally: they are giving you the choice to accept the changes or full refund. We can argue whether airlines should be allowed schedule changes like this and don't offer any compensation to passengers (if they do it 2 weeks before schedule, then you are compensated).

There's always a risk of schedule changes booking flights so far in advance. Even though the majority of times the schedule changes are 5-15 min changes, sometimes they can be big. It is better to arrange other flights/connections closer to departure... so you consequential losses are minimised.

Anyway, hope you can arrange a cheap extra night in Medellín and sort out (with minimum financial impact) your other flights. More importantly, enjoy your trip!
craigthemif likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:52 am
S.G
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobsw
First, they are not changing it unilaterally: they are giving you the choice to accept the changes or full refund. We can argue whether airlines should be allowed schedule changes like this and don't offer any compensation to passengers (if they do it 2 weeks before schedule, then you are compensated).

There's always a risk of schedule changes booking flights so far in advance. Even though the majority of times the schedule changes are 5-15 min changes, sometimes they can be big. It is better to arrange other flights/connections closer to departure... so you consequential losses are minimised.

Anyway, hope you can arrange a cheap extra night in Medellín and sort out (with minimum financial impact) your other flights. More importantly, enjoy your trip!
I don´t like to make reservations so advanced, but that, as you know, was one of the premise of the 9K Avios Promo ( 1 December 2018 ).
I just wanted to make sure i did not have right to anykind of compensation.
For sure we will have fun. Thanks for helping, tobsw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.