Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to change FF Number in an award ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC

Hey Gurus!!
i do have a few AA award tickets bought on Avios through IB, hence my IB+ is in the reservation.

the point is that I am Gold in BA and I would like to assign my BAEC to the reservation, so I can have the Emerald benefits...
any idea on how to do this?
- AA site does have the FFP field greyed out
- IB does not allow to change

Not sure even if this is possible at all being an award ticket.
Any help is appreciated, I want the extra luggage in my award ticket and why not a visit to the lounge.

cheers
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Try using the Finnair website. Remove IB number, save/close, add BA number.

(Irrelevant in your case, but for anyone else reading this later - unless you can't select seats now, I wouldn't do this until closer to departure in case you need to change/cancel your ticket with IB, you never know if doing this might mess up/confuse any Avios redeposit)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA6501
Try using the Finnair website. Remove IB number, save/close, add BA number.

(Irrelevant in your case, but for anyone else reading this later - unless you can't select seats now, I wouldn't do this until closer to departure in case you need to change/cancel your ticket with IB, you never know if doing this might mess up/confuse any Avios redeposit)
Thanks!!
I tried over the weekend, but I still see in both IB and AA websites my IB+ instead of the desired and newly added BAEC
Maybe a few days to transfer the information from one site to another... I will try again by end of the week.

Cheers!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
You can also call IB and they can change it for you. You may need to explain why or HUACA
Circusplaza likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is why I never book for "member me" and always book for "a beneficiary" who happens to have the same name as me but is "only" a member of BAEC...
Old Jan 14, 2019, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
This is why I never book for "member me" and always book for "a beneficiary" who happens to have the same name as me but is "only" a member of BAEC...
This is brilliant!!! (but a bit late if they do not change my FFP#)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

To close the loop - Twitter worked, AA replaced and added my BAEC number and now I can have seat selection and so on.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I cannot change it from IB to AA at all... it changes it on Finnair and I get a confirmation that it was changed but then the IB number repopulates.
Has anyone found a way of successfully changing it?
I also tried the Iberia customer "service" but they are so incredibly incompetent.....and I speak Spanish perfectly.....
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
They would do it with no problem at check in counter so you will have your Emerald benefits at least during travel if not before (I guess seat alocation?)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:19 pm

QANTAS site worked for me.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by 747jetter
They would do it with no problem at check in counter so you will have your Emerald benefits at least during travel if not before (I guess seat alocation?)
Thanks! Actually it's more for the fast track and boarding as well as the lounge access... basically I have OW Emerald and am traveling to Brazil but the Paris-Madrid segments are en Economy...
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by rrgg
QANTAS site worked for me.
QANTAS doesn't seem to let me edit the flight info on my IB award ticket booked through IB.

But since Iberia doesn't have PreCheck, and I'm in J TATL (and cheap seats intraEurope), will I miss out on anything if I do it at check in?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I had thought up this wheeze, but was please to find it confirmed here

However, a quick question: If I did this and then had to cancel, would it screw up the (already notoriously difficult) process of getting my Avios back ? Can anyone confirm this from experience ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.