FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Is it possible to change FF Number in an award ticket? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1950678-possible-change-ff-number-award-ticket.html)

Circusplaza Jan 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Is it possible to change FF Number in an award ticket?

Hey Gurus!!
i do have a few AA award tickets bought on Avios through IB, hence my IB+ is in the reservation.

the point is that I am Gold in BA and I would like to assign my BAEC to the reservation, so I can have the Emerald benefits...
any idea on how to do this?
- AA site does have the FFP field greyed out
- IB does not allow to change

Not sure even if this is possible at all being an award ticket.
Any help is appreciated, I want the extra luggage in my award ticket :) and why not a visit to the lounge.

cheers

BA6501 Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Try using the Finnair website. Remove IB number, save/close, add BA number.

(Irrelevant in your case, but for anyone else reading this later - unless you can't select seats now, I wouldn't do this until closer to departure in case you need to change/cancel your ticket with IB, you never know if doing this might mess up/confuse any Avios redeposit)

Circusplaza Jan 14, 2019 10:18 am

Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 30647025)
Try using the Finnair website. Remove IB number, save/close, add BA number.

(Irrelevant in your case, but for anyone else reading this later - unless you can't select seats now, I wouldn't do this until closer to departure in case you need to change/cancel your ticket with IB, you never know if doing this might mess up/confuse any Avios redeposit)

Thanks!!
I tried over the weekend, but I still see in both IB and AA websites my IB+ instead of the desired and newly added BAEC :(
Maybe a few days to transfer the information from one site to another... I will try again by end of the week.

Cheers!

UKdiver Jan 14, 2019 11:00 am

You can also call IB and they can change it for you. You may need to explain why or HUACA

craigthemif Jan 14, 2019 2:14 pm

This is why I never book for "member me" and always book for "a beneficiary" who happens to have the same name as me but is "only" a member of BAEC... ;)

Circusplaza Jan 14, 2019 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30654356)
This is why I never book for "member me" and always book for "a beneficiary" who happens to have the same name as me but is "only" a member of BAEC... ;)

This is brilliant!!! (but a bit late if they do not change my FFP#)

Circusplaza Jan 14, 2019 4:44 pm

To close the loop - Twitter worked, AA replaced and added my BAEC number and now I can have seat selection and so on.

bostontraveler Jan 26, 2019 12:47 pm

I cannot change it from IB to AA at all... it changes it on Finnair and I get a confirmation that it was changed but then the IB number repopulates.
Has anyone found a way of successfully changing it?
I also tried the Iberia customer "service" but they are so incredibly incompetent.....and I speak Spanish perfectly.....

747jetter Jan 26, 2019 2:07 pm

They would do it with no problem at check in counter so you will have your Emerald benefits at least during travel if not before (I guess seat alocation?)

rrgg Jan 26, 2019 5:19 pm

QANTAS site worked for me.

bostontraveler Jan 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 30704117)
They would do it with no problem at check in counter so you will have your Emerald benefits at least during travel if not before (I guess seat alocation?)

Thanks! Actually it's more for the fast track and boarding as well as the lounge access... basically I have OW Emerald and am traveling to Brazil but the Paris-Madrid segments are en Economy...

beachfan Sep 6, 2019 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 30704633)
QANTAS site worked for me.

QANTAS doesn't seem to let me edit the flight info on my IB award ticket booked through IB.

But since Iberia doesn't have PreCheck, and I'm in J TATL (and cheap seats intraEurope), will I miss out on anything if I do it at check in?

Frequentflyer99 Feb 6, 2020 8:03 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 30654356)

I had thought up this wheeze, but was please to find it confirmed here :tu:

However, a quick question: If I did this and then had to cancel, would it screw up the (already notoriously difficult) process of getting my Avios back ? Can anyone confirm this from experience ?