Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interline Bag Iberia --> Air Nostrum (separate tickets)

Old Dec 27, 18, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hertz President's Circle

I'm flying out of BOS to MAD, arrival at 6:20am with a connection on a separate ticket to GRX at 8:00am. Can the bag be tagged all the way to GRX in BOS or would I have to collect the bag in MAD and check it back in? If the latter, the connection might be tight?
Old Dec 28, 18, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
You might be able to convince check-in staff at BOS, but you aren't entitled to a through-check of bags on separate tickets.

You will probably miss the connection to GRX unless you travel hand baggage only. Remember you need to have your bag dropped off at least 45 minutes before departure, so even if everything runs on schedule you have less than a hour to get off the plane, clear immigration, pick up your luggage (slow at MAD) and rush back upstairs to queue for check-in. Your chances are a bit better with status and/or Business Class.

This is far too tight a connection for separate tickets.
Yllanes likes this.
Old Dec 28, 18, 8:05 am

Have you looked into a luggage delivery service? For a fee you might be able to send the bag to GRX. Something could still make you miss the connection but you'd have better odds this way.
Yllanes likes this.
Old Dec 28, 18, 5:57 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE, Alaska MVP
I second that suggestion. The current itinerary, I'm sorry to say, has a high probability of not working.
Old Dec 28, 18, 6:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is plain and simply highly unlikely to work. Because OP Is not connecting but simply transferring between tickets, he runs the risk of having to purchase a new ticket if he no shows for the second journey. Thus, really a matter of risk tolerance for OP.
Old Dec 29, 18, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks for all the responses, I'll just travel with a carry-on and avoid having to check-in a bag.

Search this Thread