FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   IB Premium Economy/Economy Award Booking Codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1945564-ib-premium-economy-economy-award-booking-codes.html)

RFT72 Dec 13, 2018 6:05 am

IB Premium Economy/Economy Award Booking Codes

Can anyone let me know the IB Premium Economy/Economy award seat booking codes so I can search award seat availability on Expert Flyer?

On another note, not much direct availability with IB to/from the US in July/Aug other than ORD. Is this normal? I got 5 seats in PE MAD-MIA-MAD last year the first time I looked! That's the only time I have booked an IB award seat so not up to speed on how/when/if they release seats.

Many thanks in advance.

Tilto007 Dec 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Big Avios promotion from earlier this year has eaten up most of availability on Iberia for the summer months,no idea on award codes??

CoHiba Gent Jan 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by RFT72 (Post 30530652)
Can anyone let me know the IB Premium Economy/Economy award seat booking codes so I can search award seat availability on Expert Flyer?

On another note, not much direct availability with IB to/from the US in July/Aug other than ORD. Is this normal? I got 5 seats in PE MAD-MIA-MAD last year the first time I looked! That's the only time I have booked an IB award seat so not up to speed on how/when/if they release seats.

Many thanks in advance.

I was looking for the same. I found an older thread in July which points to using the KVS Search tools/FAQ but didn't seem to have any success.

If you find out please share.

-Andrew

RFT72 Jan 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Andrew,

Nothing so far.

LupineChemist Jan 16, 2019 5:06 am

I have a PE award booked and it's in P class.

CoHiba Gent Jan 16, 2019 8:39 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist (Post 30660943)
I have a PE award booked and it's in P class.

Lupine, thank you for responding. I saw P class on the KVS search tool FAQ. However, when you try inserting this into the expertflyer search it delivers an error. I think this might have something to do with the expertflyer search function.

We only had enough points for business in one direction, so we chose J seats from ATH - MAD - MIA (longer flight), and PE for our JFK - MAD - ATH. First time with Iberia and think PE should be sufficient for a short JFK - MAD flight. We don't sleep much since the flights at night are often during hours we are actually awake. I'm still confused if PE allows us access to the lounge in JFK or MAD.

Many thanks,

Andrew

LupineChemist Jan 16, 2019 9:28 am

PE itself would not be enough for lounge access without status that would give you access independently.

KVS Jan 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by CoHiba Gent (Post 30658279)
I was looking for the same. I found an older thread in July which points to using the KVS Search tools/FAQ but didn't seem to have any success.

Originally Posted by CoHiba Gent (Post 30661606)
Lupine, thank you for responding. I saw P class on the KVS search tool FAQ. However, when you try inserting this into the expertflyer search it delivers an error. I think this might have something to do with the expertflyer search function.

Only the KVS Tool supports the full range of IB Award Booking Classes, incl. Premium Economy (P AKA WS for KVS Tool Users).