Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Any reason I would or wouldn't want to check in months before flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold

Iberia offers this interesting option of checking in for some of their flights as soon as you book them, which could be months in advance.

Is there any advantage, or disadvantage, to doing so?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You do not want to check-in months in advance. It makes any changes far more difficult. And since IB often allocates seating from the back to front, you'll end up with the worst seats.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You do not want to check-in months in advance. It makes any changes far more difficult. And since IB often allocates seating from the back to front, you'll end up with the worst seats.
Thanks! Makes sense - although I already have my seats, fortunately. (In fact, that was my only thought about checking in early - to solidify them?)
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:43 pm

always do it with my bookings, very happy with this option and never had any issues, just need to check closer to departure that IB did not change the aircraft type or moved the econ section forward - my favorite seat is 3C so sometimes that gets eliminated and I have to reassign my seat as the newly allocated one by IB may not be to my preferences (i.e. a window seat)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.