Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Up to 5000 bonus Avios by spending with multiple IB+ partners before 31st December

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 5000 bonus Avios by spending with multiple IB+ partners before 31st December

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold

Seems not to be as good as last year where I think the maximum bonus was either 10000 or 20000?

Link to English T&Cs here:

https://www.iberia.com/wcs/documento...llector_en.pdf

3 partners = 200 additional Avios
4 partners = 500 additional Avios
5 partners = 1,000 additional Avios
6 partners = 2,000 additional Avios
7 partners or more = 5,000 additional Avios

Promotion valid for transactions with the 14 IBERIA PLUS PARTNERS PARTICIPATING in this promotion, all of which are non-airline partners (see list) and are subject to possible changes.

List of participating partners: 1. American Express Membership Rewards 2. World Duty Free 3. Meliá Hotels International 4. NH Hotels Group 5. Paradores 6. Cabify 7. Cinesa 8. ElTenedor 9. Repsol 10. Cepsa 11. The Bicester Village Shopping Collection® 12. Visa Iberia Icon – Iberia Cards 13. Avis 14. Budget

I guess the two important questions from my perspective are:

Will MR transfers from a non-Spanish AMEX count?
Will World Duty Free purchases from stores outside Spain count?

I also suspect that the only way to find out will be to try...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
This one is quite good and quite easy to hit 7 for those of us in Spain.

I guess I'll be booking an El Tenedor reservation now.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
It depends what you thing by "good". This year, even though the max bonus is 5.000 (last year was 10.000 Avios), it is easier to achieve. With 7 partners, you have 5.000 Avios (last time, with 7 partners you only had 2.500 Avios). So comparatively, this year it is more generous.

For World Duty Free, you have to use de DuFry app in order to get Avios. Check out on which airports the app is accepted.

Amex transfer from other Amex countries but Spain: guess it is ok.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
This one is quite good and quite easy to hit 7 for those of us in Spain.

I guess I'll be booking an El Tenedor reservation now.
Easy sure... but 5,000 Avios is hardly worth going out of your way to rent a couple of cars or stay at a Parador / NH.

Those with the Icon and Amex have a big head start...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Less hassle just buying the Avios on Groupon, a promotion that has unfailingly worked for me since the beginning. The problem with this promotion is, you really need to be in Spain. Otherwise, it’s not worth the trouble.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Easy sure... but 5,000 Avios is hardly worth going out of your way to rent a couple of cars or stay at a Parador / NH.

I mean, I would hit 5 of them without even trying and so getting 5000 for really making an extra dinner reservation, and buying a piece of candy from duty free seems pretty great for me.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Sure, but don't forget there is also a 9000 Avios bonus for renting a car for a 3 day weekend with Avis and Iberia before 15th December!
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Sure, but don't forget there is also a 9000 Avios bonus for renting a car for a 3 day weekend with Avis and Iberia before 15th December!
Unfortunately Avis renege on that bonus much of the time... But indeed I am picking up a car this weekend because of both promos... And the stupid Repsol Waylet App probably won't work for me again when I try to refill it before returning.

I suppose I'll never learn...
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:04 pm

Unfortunately Avis renege on that bonus much of the time... But indeed I am picking up a car this weekend because of both promos... And the stupid Repsol Waylet App probably won't work for me again when I try to refill it before returning.

You still get avios, just less if it's over 30€. Though that is why I've mostly changed to Cepsa.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Hmm... I've seen you comment a few times that you haven't received bonus Avios from Avis. My experience is very different - I've never had a bonus fail to credit and probably had about 60k Avios out of them over the last couple of years.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anybody had 7 partners credit to their IB+ account yet?

I'm still waiting for Cepsa, Duty Free, Cinesa and Cabify. Plus my Melia Rewards points conversion looks a bit strange - hope it counts properly.

Ironically, the partners I most complain about - Avis and Repsol - have posted correctly and quickly.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Does somebody know if buying Cinesa tickets online you can add the IB+ number?

Thanks,
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by more4less
Does somebody know if buying Cinesa tickets online you can add the IB+ number?

Thanks,
Doesn't work. You need to go in person to the cinema box office.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: Iberia Plus Oro, SPG
Hola. Anyone got the avios from the promotion? I manage to Avis, ICON, Cepsa, Repsol, AMEX and Tenedor before the 31st December, but still no avios. I know from past promotions that it can take time, but just being curios to see if somebody got the avios.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guanche
Hola. Anyone got the avios from the promotion? I manage to Avis, ICON, Cepsa, Repsol, AMEX and Tenedor before the 31st December, but still no avios. I know from past promotions that it can take time, but just being curios to see if somebody got the avios.
The bonus Avios won't arrive until mid February at the earliest. IB+ needs to wait until all partner transactions come through. A December 31st petrol purchase might not credit for 4-6 weeks for example but would be valid for this promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.