Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Will Iberia cancel booking for impossible itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JGC premier

I redeemed a blue class award tickets for FCO-MAD, but it seems more likely than not that i値l have to change route and go through AMS-MAD using flight on the same date at similar time with the FCO-MAD segment. I still have 9000 avios left over which i値l need to use by Dec 1st, so award cost is not an issue, but if I were to book with Avios and enter my FFP no, it値l be obvious that those two itineraries booked are impossible to do. Will Iberia cancel any of the issued tickets in this case, or not do anything since I already paid for those 2 non changeable tickets anyway? Thanks in advance
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
As long as you don't book 2 seats on the same flight, IB don't care if you book all of their flights.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I thought blue class Avios are refundable for a fee, so why not cancel the original booking?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JGC premier
Thanks for the info all. Yes I finally managed to contact Iberia and the person spoke the same thing.

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
I thought blue class Avios are refundable for a fee, so why not cancel the original booking?
As a cancellation would cost 25 euro for me to get Avios that will expire on Dec 1st anyway, which I don稚 need as I still have more unused Avios expiring on the same date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.