Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Confirmed Booking Cancelled without Notification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed Booking Cancelled without Notification

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by luckyjim
Iberia have already said that Amex rejected the transaction because they deemed it suspicious. This does happen from time to time when purchasing goods and services overseas. Why do I need to contact Amex to confirm this? It does not change the situation.
First, there are two sides to every story. What if Amex tells you the opposite?

Second, presuming that IB is telling you the full story, it ought to concern you that you are thought to have engaged in a suspicious financial transactrion. Unless you perhaps already know?

If it was an error, perhaps Amex will make good on your out-of-pocket expenses.

But, you are SOL with IB. Consider yourself lucky that you did not show up to check in at the airport to learn you had no ticket and there were no seats.

Last edited by Often1; Oct 19, 2018 at 10:48 am
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:55 pm

Scared this May happen to me

I bought an Iberia ticket 9 months in advanced. I purchased with American Airlines citi credit card. My payment was pending for about 2 months I kept calling my bank and they kept saying they were waiting for iberias bank to release it for approval. Iberia provided me with booking confirmation, and issued me a ticket number. 2 weeks later from calling both parties Citi notified me that the charge had not been posted to the account. I contacted my bank and they were just arguing it’s nothing to do with them. I contacted Iberia and informed them and they said everything looked good on their end and said I could write them with all my proof and attempts to change payment method or a solution but Iberia saying they can’t do anything since it shows as paid. It’s been a month later and all my bookings are still confirmed as of today that I called. I am worried as to what to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.