Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

charge for drinks? premium economy - transatlantic flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

charge for drinks? premium economy - transatlantic flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Angry charge for drinks? premium economy - transatlantic flight

I recently(Sep 2018) flew with Iberia on premium economy from MAD to GRU. I asked for a gin+tonic and the flight attendant gave me the tonic and told me that she bring me the gin on the next cart. Dinner passed and she didn't bring my drink. I questioned the F.A. and she said that alcoholic drinks(except wine and beer) were charged 5 euros.

Can they do that? I didn't see no restrictions on my ticket,I looked thru the infotainment system and didn't see a menu(usually in flights in Europe). She said it was a new policy, but I think its the stubbornness of Spanish F.A.

All the F.A. rushed to served and after dinner just said in the back of the cabin playing games. I still think service in Iberia is just nonexistence.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
I flew in May from MAD-MIA in PE and I don't drink so take what I will say with a grain of salt but we were told that alcohol was free (ha, that's a Eurovision reference and I traveled for Eurovision), but I didn't explore further.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Beer and wine are complimentary. Other alcoholic beverages must be paid for. Or so said the PA announcement on my long haul flight a couple of days ago...

FWIW, PE is just Y with some extra legroom.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Beer and wine are complimentary.
As well they should be! Cruzcampo and Vińa Mosén indeed! Das ist kein bier! Das ist pisswasser! Yes, you're right. I don't speak (or write) German, but I know bad beer at 30,000 feet!
Old Sep 19, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spainflyer
As well they should be! Cruzcampo and Vińa Mosén indeed! Das ist kein bier! Das ist pisswasser! Yes, you're right. I don't speak (or write) German, but I know bad beer at 30,000 feet!
Because all airlines offer outstanding craft beers, French clarets and champagne in economy?!?!?!
Old Sep 20, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
No. Because Spain has much better beers (Mahou 5* for one) and much better wines, for virtually the same price. Iberia must get a whopping discount from its suppliers!
malagajohn likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
In a previous life i was a drinks supplier to Iberia!
They had some tough negotiators at that time and dont think much has changed.
I think the beer contract changes annually . i used to drink Mahou regularly on board in a 25cl can . Havent flown for a while but I will do a beer audit over the next fornight - seven flights with IB and IB Express !
Old Sep 20, 2018, 7:04 am

the wine thing for tourist / coach class is simple for their buyers - they have a price point to meet and any supplier who can reach it and supply in PET 18.75ml bottles gets to to the final round. Then its who offers the biggest discount wins....
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by malagajohn
In a previous life i was a drinks supplier to Iberia!
They had some tough negotiators at that time and dont think much has changed.
I think the beer contract changes annually . i used to drink Mahou regularly on board in a 25cl can . Havent flown for a while but I will do a beer audit over the next fornight - seven flights with IB and IB Express !
I am pleased to report that MAHOU 5 ESTRELLAS was available on the MVD -MAD service yesterday.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:17 pm

That's good news...except..."Mahou 5 estrellas" is also brewed in Chile. A pale imitation, if you ask me. With luck you will have gotten the real thing from Guadalajara (the original, not Mexico).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.