Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia award search missing cities

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Iberia award search missing cities

How do I book an award when the city is not in the drop down on the Iberia site? I want to book ONT to PHX this weekend and have confirmed availability on aa.com. When I type ONT in the out-bound field, it is properly recognized as "Ontario, CA (ONT)", but when I perform the search it errors out. When I click the icon to select origin I see many California airports including SNA, PSP, SBA and even Fresno (FAT) but no ONT. What am I doing wrong?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm getting the same error, so I think there is a built-in bug there. I tried 19 September out, 26 September back, which I can see from AA.com has availability in MileSAAver

I guess all you can do is call up, but ONT isn't exactly well known in Europe (the Canadian place is however) so you may struggle on that one. It works on the BA website, where it even picks up connections, which is usually BA.com's weak point. 15k Avios + £8.80 return. Ironically the BA website shows up a well known bug of its own, it says some of these flights are operated by Iberia.....
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I think I know why the Iberia bug is a thing - it seems to me that the BA website is hard coded to show "operated by Iberia" completely ignoring the carrier code for any flight xx510-524 (and perhaps the bunch of I2 services from LHR, not sure what that range is).

This is so that BA510-524 (LHR-MAD) correctly ignore the BA prefix and show IB as the operating carrier.
Yllanes likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BA6501
This is so that BA510-524 (LHR-MAD) correctly ignore the BA prefix and show IB as the operating carrier.
This is a very attractive theory, if a monumentally clunky piece of programming. Doesn't help the OP here, but it certainly explains a thing or two since I've see Iberia also show up on flights into Japan with CX and JAL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.