Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!

Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!

Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:48 pm

Programs: Everything I know I register myself in
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
It was mentioned again and again during the promotion that transfers to BA would not be allowed.
Yeah, right. Because all of you found the promotion all by yourselves.
The next step will be that BA will have to restrict redemptions, punishing all BAEC members.
Yes. I like Ibria Facebook page, so I have received It there.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero

So a negative balance may catch up with you in the not too distant future, in which case all the effort engaging in this promotion will be for nothing.
Yes. I've got the popcorn scheduled for early December when IB+ accounts go negative. It was 100% clear that not spending your Avios via IB+ meant that they would be taken back.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Ok guys so whats the process

Hi all,
ive logged on to both BA and Iberia, gone to combine my avios and on both sites it tells me i can only transfer from BA to Ibera? what am i doing wrong?
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
It was mentioned again and again during the promotion that transfers to BA would not be allowed.
There was no such restriction in the terms of the promotion.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: Everything I know I register myself in
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes. I've got the popcorn scheduled for early December when IB+ accounts go negative. It was 100% clear that not spending your Avios via IB+ meant that they would be taken back.
They are just trying to force this restrictions that were never in the T&C. There were no restrictions to the transference and any movement in the BAEC account should be limited to BAEC rules.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum (6 MM)
Yeah, right. Because all of you found the promotion all by yourselves.
The next step will be that BA will have to restrict redemptions, punishing all BAEC members.
Availability is already very tight.
It used to be easy to get a JFK-LHR ticket in business or first.
Now looking at outbound 9/22 and return 9/29 (both Saturdays).
One seat JFK-LGW in business outbound and one seat in First on American metal LHR-JFK.
130,000 Avios plus $1,334
There are days when there is no availability at all.
So it's already happened.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes but my question is then what? I'm happy to throw away and lose my IB+ account. J J nev fly IB, didn't have an account before the promo. Am not geographically positioned so as to use them (CPT-based)

Originally Posted by Dfralmeida
They are just trying to force this restrictions that were never in the T&C. There were no restrictions to the transference and any movement in the BAEC account should be limited to BAEC rules.
Yes no restriction, but you'll still go negative because the terms say you need to redeem them, not transfer
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by worldtravels
There was no such restriction in the terms of the promotion.
I'm 99.9% certain the original terms stated they MUST be used in Iberia Plus.

They were only about 3 lines long....
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by callum9999

Er .... a screenshot is in Post 9 of the breaking: thread.

You seriously believe that if the original rules said that, any of these discusssions would be happening?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 4:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by callum9999

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think I can see where the confusion comes from. If you look at post 14, which I linked into the Wiki, (and note the date was at the start of the promotion activity timeframe) a quick read indeed suggests that it is Iberia + related only. But read it a second time and it is clear it relates to the purchased tickets that triggered the extra Avios (e.g. buying a Level ticket via Iberia would not trigger the Avios bonus).
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by petey2428
people assumed that you might have to fly to keep the avios..
People could assume whatever! In the T&Cs the only condition was the PURCHASE of the tickets. People obviosly needn't fly because it was stated in the T&Cs that the avios would be credited 10 days after the PURCHASE (not the flight).
I really don't get how people defend the company abuse against clients / customers, especially one that is trying so damn hard to make service worse for their passengers.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dfralmeida
It is very clear from the overall T&Cs of Iberia Plus and British Airways Executive Club that "Combine Your Avios" is not a qualifying activity and is not "spending Avios". The fact that the promotional T&Cs may or may not have excluded CMA, doesn't mean by omission that CMA is now considered a qualifying use of Avios. @Prospero has highlighted all of the relevant clauses.

Which is why I will be reaching for the popcorn in December, as people start complaining about their accounts going negative and a potential merger of IB+ with BAEC meaning that the negative balance catches up to people. Nobody can claim that they weren't warned that these Avios expire in December if not spent via IB+.
Granite64 and skywardhunter like this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You don't get it do you? Iberia will have sold around €2m of tickets during this promo. I'd say 90% were driven by the blogs. Iberia contacted us all - when we started questioning their, ahem, honesty - and clarified in writing various points including the fact that BA transfers were possible. They then asked us to ignore our initial scepticism and push the deal hard.

€2m. It's not a little joke and if you are going to 'use' Ben, Gary, Greg, myself etc to flog €2m of extra tickets in 4 days you better stick to your word.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: /usr/bin
Question Expiration after xfer to BA?

Do we have any data around if the transfer of the promotional miles from IB to BA circumvents the December 1 expiration policy? The whole "what happens to the miles on Dec 1" feels a bit nebulous still. I don't know if it's possible for them to submit a negative 90k transfer to BA through the Avios program or if by getting them out the miles have effectively been sequestered at that point.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Thank you for the heads up!

How about if you transfer the Avios to BA and then use them before 12/1?
whats the newspaper its going to be in?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.