Search

Boarding passess at time of booking.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Boarding passess at time of booking.

Hi ,
I booked some flights LIS to RIO business on the website ten months before the flight date and oddly enough it said I could actually check in and print my boarding passes.
I printed them out and then of course there has been a schedule change - only minor its half hour time change. I had to ring to accept these changes before I could access
my booking on line. Now I do not get option to reprint my boarding passes and it says you can print them 24 hrs before the flight.
Has the rules about early boarding passes changed?
If it has , I am not surprised because they will hardly ever be the correct time with all the time changes.
Thanks
Sarah
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There is no reason to check in online so early.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
There is no reason to check in online so early.
But as I already have done and printed boarding passes, the flight times on them are now wrong. Will these boarding passes still work? Or will I need new ones. Is it possible to print new ones later on. The flight is March.
thanks
Sarah
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:07 pm

Just get a new one when you check in at the airport. Relax! you have so much time until March, im not sure why you printed a ticket out so early in the first place
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sarahuk

But as I already have done and printed boarding passes, the flight times on them are now wrong. Will these boarding passes still work? Or will I need new ones. Is it possible to print new ones later on. The flight is March.
thanks
Sarah
You will print them out later.

There's no advantage to checking in early. But in the event something happens you will need human intervention because you are already "checked in". Even simple things such as cancelling your award ticket become more complicated.

Ergo... don't check in... Just select a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.