Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible to book partners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:09 am

Just successfully completed a 2-hour attempt trying to use my remaining Avios on MH:
1st call: "Hi, I'd like to redeem my Iberia Avios on Malaysia Airlines." Heard a sigh and the agent hung up. I kid you not.
2nd call: Agent: "We can't do it. You have to do it online."
Me: "But Malaysia Airlines doesn't show up online."
Agent: "Sorry we can't do that here."
Me: "But Malaysia Airlines is part of Oneworld so you should be able to do it."

Agent: "We don't sell Malaysia Airlines even if it's Oneworld."

Okayyyyy that's enough. *groans*
3rd call: Fed him my flights for BKK-KUL-BKI (mixed cabin due to MH availability). Agent seemed knowledgeable. I got excited. Then he came back to tell me that mixed cabin is not allowed. I politely pointed out that it's possible online with other airlines. He didn't budge.
4th call: Someone picked up on the other end. I didn't hear a thing and the call was disconnected.
5th call: (In my mind it was going to be my 2nd to last attempt): Half an hour later, I DID IT! Confirmation number and e-ticket number received.

Bottom line:
- HUCA works!
- Patience required.
- Mixed cabin possible with a competent agent. Mileage will be calculated based on the respective distances in economy/business.
tropikey likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
Currently on the phone to IB customer service who are telling me it's impossible took one way Avios tickets on AA - spending the last of these 90,000 points is harder than I expected!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Currently on the phone to IB customer service who are telling me it's impossible took one way Avios tickets on AA - spending the last of these 90,000 points is harder than I expected!
It has been said one million times: partners, except BA and Meridiana, can only be booked with Avios on return itineraries.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by tobsw
It has been said one million times: partners, except BA and Meridiana, can only be booked with Avios on return itineraries.
I've seen Qatar offered as a one-way, but maybe it was a website error.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by rrgg
I've seen Qatar offered as a one-way, but maybe it was a website error.
Sometimes the web is able to show one way redemptions. But when you try booking them, it gives an error at the payment page. Meaning, you can not book it.

If you search through the T&Cs, you will find that partners have to be booked return trips (except the above airlines)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.