Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible to book partners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:53 pm

Had multiple accounts get 9k. Trying to book and one of my kids on a separate reservation. Do I call to book? can't book alone for a child online.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Are JL/CX flights bookable on the website? Trouble finding available flights. I assume these will need to be round-trip as well?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Had multiple accounts get 9k. Trying to book and one of my kids on a separate reservation. Do I call to book? can't book alone for a child online.
did you figure out a solution to this?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
Are JL/CX flights bookable on the website? Trouble finding available flights. I assume these will need to be round-trip as well?
Most partner flights need to be round-trip. There are reports that one ways can be booked, but they are few and far between. Partner bookings are non refundable.

Partners bookable online:

• AirBerlin
  • American Airlines
  • Binter Canarias
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Iberia
  • Iberia Express
  • Iberia Regional Air Nostrum
  • LAN
  • Qantas Airlines
  • Qatar Airways
  • Royal Jordanian
  • S7 Airlines
  • SriLankan Airlines
  • TAM
  • Vueling

Partners bookable by phone:

• Avianca
  • Japan Airlines
  • Meridiana
  • Malaysia Airlines
  • Royal Air Maroc
  • Taca
UAX_Brasilia likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by jules128
did you figure out a solution to this?
No I did not - the phone agents are beyond incompetent. Just transferred more UR to top off and booked off of one account.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Is anyone else having trouble with AA flights displaying online?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
Is anyone else having trouble with AA flights displaying online?
yes its rare I find any even though ba site shows availability
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Earlier today one-way partner awards were showing up online ( AA, AY, QR) but by the time I was able to figure out the positioning flight the glitch was fixed gone. Hope I get lucky next time...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by olgsr
Earlier today one-way partner awards were showing up online ( AA, AY, QR) but by the time I was able to figure out the positioning flight the glitch was fixed gone. Hope I get lucky next time...
Whenever the "glitch" is live, it's ok to search for flights, but when you proceed to the payment page, the payment does not go through, no matter how many times you try and cards you use. It just doesn't go through.

But, keep dreaming...maybe one day...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:57 pm

Just want to check but has anyone been successful booking AA (US domestic) flights on the Iberia website without it erroring out at payment? Should I call in to book these?

My only experience with Iberia was when I tried to book Iberia metal last year using Avios and it errored out and had to call in to ticket.

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by schwimmair
Just want to check but has anyone been successful booking AA (US domestic) flights on the Iberia website without it erroring out at payment? Should I call in to book these?
Yes I have been successful in the last week. From other threads it appears that some payment cards struggle to get authorised for some reason, but I have a Spanish payment card and I've not had a problem. I think if something doesn't work overnight (and bear in mind you need to book return tickets with AA) then it's OK to call up since at that point it won't be a temporary outage.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:22 pm

My only experience with Iberia was when I tried to book Iberia metal last year using Avios and it errored out and had to call in to ticket.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes I have been successful in the last week. From other threads it appears that some payment cards struggle to get authorised for some reason, but I have a Spanish payment card and I've not had a problem. I think if something doesn't work overnight (and bear in mind you need to book return tickets with AA) then it's OK to call up since at that point it won't be a temporary outage.
Thanks for the data point. Any recent data points with US based credit cards? Anyone been able to ticket AA domestic tickets through the website without it erroring out at the payment attempt?

Thanks
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks for the data point. Any recent data points with US based credit cards? Anyone been able to ticket AA domestic tickets through the website without it erroring out at the payment attempt?

Thanks
Earlier this month, I successfully booked an AA domestic itinerary on the IB site from my Android phone. Payment was made with a U.S. credit card. No problem at all.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I can finally see BA availability on the flight that I want. But different 'taxes'.
LHR-INV on BAEC is 4500 AVIOS and £19
IB is 4500 AVIOS and £29

Should I just bite the bullet?
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I can finally see BA availability on the flight that I want. But different 'taxes'.
LHR-INV on BAEC is 4500 AVIOS and £19
IB is 4500 AVIOS and £29

Should I just bite the bullet?
It's not going to get any cheaper within IB, if that is your question. With BA it could be £17.50 if you had RFS eligibility, Iberia doesn't offer RFS. Off peak the Avios component falls to 4,000 Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.