Impossible to book partners

Old Sep 2, 18, 12:14 pm

I have been trying to book from TYO to either SYD, BKK, SIN, GUM, DOH, DLC, and CAN and when I search the Iberia website they have no availability. I call Iberia and they always tell me that everyday I want to fly has no availability OR they will put me on a horrible routing. EX: HND-HEL-BKK. That is a lot of avios and flying for what should be a 6 hour flight.
I notice that BA and Qantas websites both show awards for multiple days but Iberia is blind I guess. When I tell Iberia about this, the agent will tell me that is a different system, or hang up.

Does anyone really think the award availability is gone for everyday from today to the end of the bookable calendar? (I don't believe Iberia)

I called BA today and asked about being able to transfer avios from Iberia to BA and they basically said BA does not care how I got the avios and as long as it is a balance and not a voucher it will transfer. Guess the Iberia+ account I have will just go negative in Dec?

How else should I book flights on JAL or Qantas?
Old Sep 3, 18, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton View Post
Partners price for me now. I can bring it all the way through the booking process.

As expected, all it took was being patient.
Help. What is the website link?

Whenever I click Book with AVIOS it keeps bringing back to the sign in page. Finsih with that, tried the above and it routes me back. I can't go anyway..Can someone check availability if they have a chance for me? I'm looking for CX from SIN to HKG from 25-28 Sep, return anytime from 6-8th Oct. Preference actually from KUL but I don't want to chance IB's site with KA flights.

My account is over 3 years old for that matter.

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 18, 1:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Can someone check availability if they have a chance for me? I'm looking for CX from SIN to HKG from 25-28 Sep, return anytime from 6-8th Oct. Preference actually from KUL but I don't want to chance IB's site with KA flights.
There is availability showing from SIN, both directions on several of these dates, but via Colombo on Sri Lanka....

Since there is no Cathay availability on BA either, there won't be much Iberia can do about it. This may have something to do with the long running issue that came from the recent changes in CX's frequent flyer schemes. There is availability on MAS on the BA site.
Old Sep 4, 18, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Can someone post the weblink for booking partner flights. I thought it was somewhere on this thread but can't find it.
Old Sep 4, 18, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Thanks. Can someone post the weblink for booking partner flights. I thought it was somewhere on this thread but can't find it.
This link works for me in IE https://www.iberia.com/web/program.d...ickaccess=true (doesn't work in Chrome )
Old Sep 9, 18, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by harri View Post
This link works for me in IE https://www.iberia.com/web/program.do?quadrigam=IBUPTS&quickaccess=true (doesn't work in Chrome )
AH ! I do Chrome. That's probably why.

Thanks
However, having said that, I can see availability but when I tried to check after clicking ...

An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us...
I really cannot believe this !
harri likes this.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Sep 9, 18 at 11:49 am
Old Sep 10, 18, 8:28 am

Is there a limit on connection time on IB website for partner awards? I don't see AA availability with overnight stops, nor anything longer than a couple of hours. If there is such a restriction, should the IB agents be able to see the award space and issue the ticket on the phone?
Old Sep 10, 18, 1:31 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
I'm trying to book a first class redemption with CX on iberia. I see it in BA and QF but when I try to book it in iberia using booking with avios, it's not shown. Is it possible to book first class with Iberia through the website or do I need to call? Thanks

EDIT: I called Iberia and the rep told me that some first class flights are just not available on the site... So if that happens to you, just call

Last edited by milgom; Sep 11, 18 at 10:43 am
Old Sep 13, 18, 2:59 pm

Is there a trick to searching for Air Italy / Meridiana awards? I've seen the JFK-MXP flight come up when I search for JFK-FCO. It appears as JFK-MXP-FCO. However, if I want just the JFK-MXP flight alone on the same date, it won't come up. Also, when searching for Milan as a destination, I'm only allowed to enter it as MIL which leads to results at LIN only, not MXP. Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 18, 3:54 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Aegan Gold, British Airways Bronze
I'd suggest calling. Actually it seems that my issue with my flight was the same, I was searching for TYO which only returned NRT but not HND. The agent I had when calling was very competent and friendly
Old Nov 20, 18, 3:21 pm

Trying to redeem Avios to fly Avianca. Pretty freaking ridiculous. Have made +10 calls, getting all kinds of excuses. Have tried in Spanish and English.

The poster above that said it took 29 attempts really wasn't kidding. Unbelievable.
Old Nov 21, 18, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Hi guys. I' having issues booking BA C/F awards connecting to an intra-Europe flight in economy. Been getting an error message for a while now (probably since the blogs posted how much you can save on YQ by doing this..). Anyone knows how to make it work again?
Old Nov 21, 18, 10:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood
Originally Posted by olgsr View Post
Hi guys. I' having issues booking BA C/F awards connecting to an intra-Europe flight in economy. Been getting an error message for a while now (probably since the blogs posted how much you can save on YQ by doing this..). Anyone knows how to make it work again?
It should be the same amount of miles if you book the economy trip separately. Then maybe you can call and have the two trips connected?
Old Nov 21, 18, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
its over. No longer possible mixed cabins on BA.

Last edited by tobsw; Nov 21, 18 at 3:16 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 21, 18, 10:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Loophole closed now that the blogs publicised it. Suggest you leave comments on their posts...

Originally Posted by jules128 View Post
It should be the same amount of miles if you book the economy trip separately. Then maybe you can call and have the two trips connected?
You can't "connect" two separate tickets.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: