Impossible to book partners

Old Jul 25, 18, 6:53 pm
  #106  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SFO
Posts: 598
Had multiple accounts get 9k. Trying to book and one of my kids on a separate reservation. Do I call to book? can't book alone for a child online.
beagleflyer1977 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 18, 2:29 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Posts: 1,970
Are JL/CX flights bookable on the website? Trouble finding available flights. I assume these will need to be round-trip as well?
UAX_Brasilia is offline  
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:21 am
  #108  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Maryland
Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
Had multiple accounts get 9k. Trying to book and one of my kids on a separate reservation. Do I call to book? can't book alone for a child online.
did you figure out a solution to this?
jules128 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 18, 12:03 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CLE
Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Posts: 5,444
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia View Post
Are JL/CX flights bookable on the website? Trouble finding available flights. I assume these will need to be round-trip as well?
Most partner flights need to be round-trip. There are reports that one ways can be booked, but they are few and far between. Partner bookings are non refundable.


Partners bookable online:

  • AirBerlin
  • American Airlines
  • Binter Canarias
  • British Airways
  • Cathay Pacific
  • Finnair
  • Iberia
  • Iberia Express
  • Iberia Regional Air Nostrum
  • LAN
  • Qantas Airlines
  • Qatar Airways
  • Royal Jordanian
  • S7 Airlines
  • SriLankan Airlines
  • TAM
  • Vueling

Partners bookable by phone:

  • Avianca
  • Japan Airlines
  • Meridiana
  • Malaysia Airlines
  • Royal Air Maroc
  • Taca
UAX_Brasilia likes this.
Surface Interval is offline  
Old Aug 4, 18, 9:17 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SFO
Posts: 598
Originally Posted by jules128 View Post
did you figure out a solution to this?
No I did not - the phone agents are beyond incompetent. Just transferred more UR to top off and booked off of one account.
beagleflyer1977 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 18, 6:14 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Posts: 1,970
Is anyone else having trouble with AA flights displaying online?
UAX_Brasilia is offline  
Old Aug 25, 18, 10:04 am
  #112  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ORF
Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, IHG Spire, MR Gold
Posts: 1,839
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with AA flights displaying online?
yes its rare I find any even though ba site shows availability
yuel is offline  
Old Aug 25, 18, 2:28 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Posts: 232
Earlier today one-way partner awards were showing up online ( AA, AY, QR) but by the time I was able to figure out the positioning flight the glitch was fixed gone. Hope I get lucky next time...
olgsr is offline  
Old Aug 26, 18, 10:33 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Posts: 392
Originally Posted by olgsr View Post
Earlier today one-way partner awards were showing up online ( AA, AY, QR) but by the time I was able to figure out the positioning flight the glitch was fixed gone. Hope I get lucky next time...
Whenever the "glitch" is live, it's ok to search for flights, but when you proceed to the payment page, the payment does not go through, no matter how many times you try and cards you use. It just doesn't go through.

But, keep dreaming...maybe one day...
tobsw is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 12:57 am
  #115  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 131
Just want to check but has anyone been successful booking AA (US domestic) flights on the Iberia website without it erroring out at payment? Should I call in to book these?

My only experience with Iberia was when I tried to book Iberia metal last year using Avios and it errored out and had to call in to ticket.

Thanks!
schwimmair is offline  
Old Aug 27, 18, 2:56 am
  #116  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 42,376
Originally Posted by schwimmair View Post
Just want to check but has anyone been successful booking AA (US domestic) flights on the Iberia website without it erroring out at payment? Should I call in to book these?
Yes I have been successful in the last week. From other threads it appears that some payment cards struggle to get authorised for some reason, but I have a Spanish payment card and I've not had a problem. I think if something doesn't work overnight (and bear in mind you need to book return tickets with AA) then it's OK to call up since at that point it won't be a temporary outage.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Aug 27, 18, 6:22 pm
  #117  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by schwimmair View Post
Just want to check but has anyone been successful booking AA (US domestic) flights on the Iberia website without it erroring out at payment? Should I call in to book these?

My only experience with Iberia was when I tried to book Iberia metal last year using Avios and it errored out and had to call in to ticket.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Yes I have been successful in the last week. From other threads it appears that some payment cards struggle to get authorised for some reason, but I have a Spanish payment card and I've not had a problem. I think if something doesn't work overnight (and bear in mind you need to book return tickets with AA) then it's OK to call up since at that point it won't be a temporary outage.
Thanks for the data point. Any recent data points with US based credit cards? Anyone been able to ticket AA domestic tickets through the website without it erroring out at the payment attempt?

Thanks
schwimmair is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 11:00 am
  #118  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Not here; there!
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Posts: 22,014
Originally Posted by schwimmair View Post
Thanks for the data point. Any recent data points with US based credit cards? Anyone been able to ticket AA domestic tickets through the website without it erroring out at the payment attempt?

Thanks
Earlier this month, I successfully booked an AA domestic itinerary on the IB site from my Android phone. Payment was made with a U.S. credit card. No problem at all.
guv1976 is offline  
Old Aug 28, 18, 12:20 pm
  #119  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot on map
Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Posts: 25,746
I can finally see BA availability on the flight that I want. But different 'taxes'.
LHR-INV on BAEC is 4500 AVIOS and 19
IB is 4500 AVIOS and 29

Should I just bite the bullet?
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Aug 29, 18, 10:15 am
  #120  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 42,376
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
I can finally see BA availability on the flight that I want. But different 'taxes'.
LHR-INV on BAEC is 4500 AVIOS and 19
IB is 4500 AVIOS and 29

Should I just bite the bullet?
It's not going to get any cheaper within IB, if that is your question. With BA it could be 17.50 if you had RFS eligibility, Iberia doesn't offer RFS. Off peak the Avios component falls to 4,000 Avios.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: