Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible to book partners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Redwoodw
Just wondering if an open-jaw partner award can be booked at all? Cheers
I hope someone will contradict this if I've got this wrong, but I think open jaw can only be IB, IB Express, BA, Vueling, Air Italy or Level, since these are the airlines that permit single trips. So other partners can't be open jaw.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by im.daniel
Has anyone been able to book and ticket a partner award online?

I tried booking a simple rt QF redemption via IB. Points taken out of account, but payment yielded an error message. I then called IB up and they said that there is a 'problem' with the website and that the points should re-credit in 24 hours. No pending transaction on my credit card, and no issues with my CC that I know of.

We all know how bad the IB website is .. so I really don't trust the points to be recredited!
I booked AA flights with IB avios yesterday no issues.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
The fact that they pass on the entire AA (YR) is absurd and kills the value prop of virtually any international AA flight I've looked at.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I hope someone will contradict this if I've got this wrong, but I think open jaw can only be IB, IB Express, BA, Vueling, Air Italy or Level, since these are the airlines that permit single trips. So other partners can't be open jaw.
Yeah i could do open jaw with IB metal. but the OJ is technically two separate OWs. so two different PNR.

Ultimately, i think it doesnt matter, bc they charge the 25 euros change fee, based on PER WAY of change anyway, so it will still be 2x25 Euros change fee whether you book it as a single PNR or two different PNR, if you change both outbound and inbound. you dont save 1x25 Euros just because you booked the entire trip under a single PNR, which i find impossible to do so on their website anyway, and i didnt feel like calling up.

And I keep getting errors if i try to do one-ways with partners (didnt try all of the ones mentioned above though)
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:09 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by gnomey
Yeah i could do open jaw with IB metal. but the OJ is technically two separate OWs. so two different PNR.

Ultimately, i think it doesnt matter, bc they charge the 25 euros change fee, based on PER WAY of change anyway, so it will still be 2x25 Euros change fee whether you book it as a single PNR or two different PNR, if you change both outbound and inbound. you dont save 1x25 Euros just because you booked the entire trip under a single PNR, which i find impossible to do so on their website anyway, and i didnt feel like calling up.

And I keep getting errors if i try to do one-ways with partners (didnt try all of the ones mentioned above though)
I understand that the 25€ fee is per booking but in any case it not a big amount
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:39 am

I was able to book a ticket with JAL and they charged me 25€ for "taxes" even though I believe I should not have any taxes since it is a domestic Japan flight on JAL. I tried to argue about it but I didn't get anywhere so I just paid....
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:01 am

Has anyone booked a hotel yet using avios?
It gives me :
  • Unable to process points. Please call our customer service for assistance.
Hotline does not help at all
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: MPC SL
Is it normal for the surcharges + tax different between BAEC and IB Plus?

Looking at the same flight - in BAEC, the surcharge + tax is around 60 euros, but then for the same flight, it goes up to 200 euros......
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by mauricek123
Has anyone booked a hotel yet using avios?
It gives me :
  • Unable to process points. Please call our customer service for assistance.
Hotline does not help at all
I can't even get the website to work.......
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by Travelin_the_world
I can't even get the website to work.......
Clear cookie and cache. Their website is not optimized at all.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
Originally Posted by imnewhere
Is it normal for the surcharges + tax different between BAEC and IB Plus?

Looking at the same flight - in BAEC, the surcharge + tax is around 60 euros, but then for the same flight, it goes up to 200 euros......
Yes I had the same issue booking HKG-LHR. Flights out of HKG should have very low carrier charges , and BA certainly has nice low charges on this flight, but IB+ charged about 4 times what BA would have. If it wasn't for the fact that flying the route out of LHR is even more extortionate, and that I wanted to use the Avios in one hit, I wouldn't have gone ahead with the booking. All those bloggers that have talked up the low fees through IB+ in the past, seem to have overlooked the discrepancy in BA and IB+ pricing from low cost exit ports.

Last edited by relaxonbarton; Jul 24, 2018 at 9:12 pm Reason: error
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by relaxonbarton
Yes I had the same issue booking HKG-LHR. Flights out of HKG should have very low carrier charges , and BA certainly has nice low charges on this flight, but IB+ charged about 4 times what BA would have. If it wasn't for the fact that flying the route out of LHR is even more extortionate, and that I wanted to use the Avios in one hit, I wouldn't have gone ahead with the booking. All those bloggers that have talked up the low fees through IB+ in the past, seem to have overlooked the discrepancy in BA and IB+ pricing from low cost exit ports.
So basically what they are charging outrageously for are the surcharges right? Not the airport taxes?

Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:34 am

So basically what they are charging outrageously for are the surcharges right? Not the airport taxes?

Yes, regardless so called fuel surcharge is actually prohibited for ex hkg itineraries!
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by johnwooz
Yes, regardless so called fuel surcharge is actually prohibited for ex hkg itineraries!
So technically it is possible to pay for it and fly the sectors, then have the surcharge refunded with complains to the civil aviation department in HK if it is really prohibited?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
So technically it is possible to pay for it and fly the sectors, then have the surcharge refunded with complains to the civil aviation department in HK if it is really prohibited?
I have sent IB on Facebook a screenshot of their taxes and charges figure, a BA version of the charges (which does not have any carrier-imposed charges) and a statement from the CAD in HK saying no fuel surcharges for ex-HKG tickets. Can I ask you all to send something similar in so they will notice it?

LINK: Suspension of passenger fuel surcharge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.