Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Impossible to book partners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: MPC SL
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Do Cathay and Qantas bookings always have to be round trips ?
Yes or else when you search it just tells you there is no availability.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Folks know that IB parter awards are non-refundable miles, right? If you cancel, you don't get your miles back (you get taxes back).
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Except IB what are the partners that allow one way ticket?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by frenchft
Except IB what are the partners that allow one way ticket?
One way tickets are available from Iberia, Iberia Express, Vueling, British Airways and Level. More information in this primer (see wiki)
Iberia Avios QnA
frenchft likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:00 am

I see CX F award space in BAEC. However I can't see the same space with IB. Can I call in and book? Are they supposed to share the same availability?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:14 am

Is anyone else having trouble calling Iberia to book tickets?
I dial +34 901 201 214 (number is from Iberia website) to call the Spain call center but there is no answer.
Then I dial +1 800 772 4642 (number from Iberia website) to call the American call center but also I get no answer.
Did they block my number? haha I don't have another way to call because I am using Skype (but I have enough Skype credits)

Just curious if anyone else is having issues.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by imnewhere
I see CX F award space in BAEC. However I can't see the same space with IB. Can I call in and book? Are they supposed to share the same availability?
They do share the same availability, and I can also see CX F award space on the Iberia website.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They do share the same availability, and I can also see CX F award space on the Iberia website.
Mind sharing which date and route you’re seeing it? I can only see KA F to PEK/KHH but not CX to TYO.

Would book CX F to TYO in a heartbeat
Old Jul 21, 2018, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Travelin_the_world
Is anyone else having trouble calling Iberia to book tickets?
There is positive feedback in the other threads for those calling +44 203 684 3774 and when the IVR kicks in saying "Iberia Plus booking". I would hope that "Book with Avios" would also work but I haven't seen a report on that. This number works with Skype.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by imnewhere
Mind sharing which date and route you’re seeing it?
HKG - LHR 22 August out, 24 August back.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:10 am

HKG - LHR 22 August out, 24 August back.
Thanks, will take a look. Saw CX F to TYO in BAEC but not with IB for early Feb next year.....
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:56 am

There is positive feedback in the other threads for those calling +44 203 684 3774 and when the IVR kicks in saying "Iberia Plus booking". I would hope that "Book with Avios" would also work but I haven't seen a report on that. This number works with Skype.
Thanks for the number. I called and both times I was able to have my account pulled up by the robot but then when I waited on hold it suddenly after about 6 minutes put me to an "end of call survey" and then hung up on me.

Crazy and so frustrating. I can see the JAL availability on the BA and JAL website. I really wish I could transfer these Avios to BA....

If anyone else gets through and can talk to a Iberia agent, please comment about what number you called and how you did it.
Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
While partner booking is working again for me, I think the site now frowns on you running multiple searches in a short period of time (like checking consecutive days quickly)

Prior to every search now I'm required to complete a captcha and after about 20 searches I get an 'unavailable' error that requires waiting about 15 minutes before I can search again.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Has anyone been able to book and ticket a partner award online?

I tried booking a simple rt QF redemption via IB. Points taken out of account, but payment yielded an error message. I then called IB up and they said that there is a 'problem' with the website and that the points should re-credit in 24 hours. No pending transaction on my credit card, and no issues with my CC that I know of.

We all know how bad the IB website is .. so I really don't trust the points to be recredited!

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 22, 2018 at 1:12 am Reason: Rule 16
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:30 pm

Just wondering if an open-jaw partner award can be booked at all? Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.