Impossible to book partners

Old Jul 19, 18, 5:44 pm

Programs: MPC SL
Has anyone successfully booked anything on QF or CX yet?

I am looking to book roundtrip between HKG and AKL, either with a stop on QF or direct on CX. However, I can't do it on the website but also no luck with the call center.
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:13 pm

Cross posting from other thread...

Are people with old accounts with existing Avios balances also getting the error for non-IB metal flights?
  1. If "yes" there may be hope for those of us with new accounts and new points to book partner metal online at some point.
  2. If "no" then I'm less confident its a tech issue with a fix in the offing, and perhaps more of a permanent back door restriction to severely limit redemption for promo Avios.
In the case of 2...thinking about a couple work arounds (in theory)...
  • Costs of transfer aside, if Customer A has new promo Avios in a new account...if family member (without an account) established an IB account and Avios were transferred...would that break the redemption restriction? If the "blockage" is by IB account this could work, as the account would not have any promotional activity associated.
  • Has anybody tried purchasing some additional Avios? If the "blockage" is by promo Avios maybe having some "regular" Avios in your account would get you to the pricing screen on partner metal flights. Who knows what would happen next...
Old Jul 19, 18, 6:21 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
  • Has anybody tried purchasing some additional Avios? If the "blockage" is by promo Avios maybe having some "regular" Avios in your account would get you to the pricing screen on partner metal flights. Who knows what would happen next...
Bought 2000 additional Avios. No effect. My wife now has 92200 that I can't use without calling.
Old Jul 20, 18, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
DATA POINT: I just received my AVIOS this morning on a new account. I was not able to book partner availability through Internet Explorer but moved over to Firefox and everything works fine.
Old Jul 20, 18, 7:41 am

Programs: MPC SL
Just tried searching for CX/QF award space and was able to get it priced and move to the next page.

New account created during promo.

Tried a few times few days ago, it never worked until just now.... Not sure what happened....

Last edited by imnewhere; Jul 20, 18 at 7:42 am Reason: resize image
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:02 am

Update - New account, locked but unlocked after sending verifications etc. When I try to book hotel using Avios, previously it just didn't get processed at the end of the booking. Today, I cannot even access to the Hotels booking page, showing the error We cannot offer you this service at present.

This is ridiculous.
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:20 am

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
Originally Posted by imnewhere View Post
Just tried searching for CX/QF award space and was able to get it priced and move to the next page.

Tried a few times few days ago, it never worked until just now.... Not sure what happened....
Exactly the same for me, except with BA. Didn't work at lunchtime on my wife's account, created during the promo. But just worked now and flights booked. If you have been getting an error at point of pricing, try again.
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:22 am

Data point:

Originally Posted by dgilligan02 View Post
Cross posting from other thread...

Are people with old accounts with existing Avios balances also getting the error for non-IB metal flights?
  1. If "yes" there may be hope for those of us with new accounts and new points to book partner metal online at some point.
  2. If "no" then I'm less confident its a tech issue with a fix in the offing, and perhaps more of a permanent back door restriction to severely limit redemption for promo Avios.
In the case of 2...thinking about a couple work arounds (in theory)...
  • Costs of transfer aside, if Customer A has new promo Avios in a new account...if family member (without an account) established an IB account and Avios were transferred...would that break the redemption restriction? If the "blockage" is by IB account this could work, as the account would not have any promotional activity associated.
I received 200 Avios for signing up.... Unsure how I got them but I have 90,200 in my account and I can not see any award availability except IB metal with NO connections.
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Partners price for me now. I can bring it all the way through the booking process.

As expected, all it took was being patient.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:50 am

False alarm! I was able to book hotels. Guys, if you can't try different browsers. I got in using Internet Explorer.

However, I got the a voucher called "Iberia Hotel Stay Voucher" and I don't know how to use it - I called hotel but they don't recognize this number. How do I use this? It says to just present it to the hotel but I'm want to make sure my booking actually exists. Could anyone let me know?
Old Jul 20, 18, 8:55 am
soy

Programs: various
I have experience with all sorts of rubbish frequent flyer call centers, but this could be the worst yet. I had a fairly simple award on AA (checked on AA first). Website could not find anything (Chrome), and when I called up it was as bad. One agent insisted GCM (Cayman Islands) did not exist. Another said partners cannot be booked over the phone, others could not find the seats and one guy just hung up early in the call (throwing HUACA back on me).

The most annoying thing was each time having to go through the robo-call section to even get to an agent. Fortunately I read some of the posts here and tried the site in IE, and I could finally see AA awards. Managed to book them on the website so now got to figure out how to burn wifeys miles. I'll not be trying anything too exotic, will be glad if I can use them at 0.5 - 1c range.
Old Jul 20, 18, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK * A Gold, Qatar Gold
Finally this saga is over for me, had wanted to get 2 seats for Shanghai over christmas but the last one disappeared moments before I tried to book. Still off to Shanghai but with BA (via LUX on a very good deal) and now off to Costa Rica in May. Total cost with the 10 flights included was just over 420 plus 85k miles. Very excited
Old Jul 20, 18, 10:45 am

New accounts (my wife and I). Now able to price and book partner awards. No problem using Safari or Chrome. Only weirdness I encountered today was that for some reason I could not get Vancouver to appear as an origin city today, which had never been a problem before. But found that it does appear on the second page of the booking engine, so got through it. Booked one OW trip on BA First, and a second RT on CX business (YVR-JFK-YVR). All done, now as long as I fly one of the two itineraries I can break even on this, if I fly both I am way ahead.
Old Jul 20, 18, 1:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Only weirdness I encountered today was that for some reason I could not get Vancouver to appear as an origin city today, which had never been a problem before. But found that it does appear on the second page of the booking engine,
You may want to book mark this direct link then:
https://www.iberia.com/web/redemptio...?menuId=IBUPTS

So in essence, login to IB+, ensure your Avios total is showing on the front page, then cut and paste the above into the browser, to get the old fashioned search window. The main tablet snazzy Avios searcher is too Iberia centric. I also use the Spanish language version since from past experience, bugs and errors get corrected faster in Castilian than other languages.
quitecryptic likes this.
Old Jul 20, 18, 6:32 pm

Programs: MVP
Originally Posted by imnewhere View Post

Do Cathay and Qantas bookings always have to be round trips ?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: