Impossible to book partners

Old Jul 18, 18, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
mine is down now, too..

old and new account.. i get errors when trying to book.
Old Jul 18, 18, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, SW CP, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Executive, Hilton Gold
All of a sudden, unable to book anything with avios (even Iberia only metal). Hopefully error is resolved soon.
Old Jul 18, 18, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
same here, and on the phone neither...
After double posting miles, removing etc... no we go for the Iberia crappy way of dealing.
On the phone : "we don't allow any redemption for new accounts on the phone"... nice nice nice...

Those people don't read the forum here?
They don't answer email they should at least update somewhere.

It's the way Iberia is or it's just special for this promotion?
Old Jul 18, 18, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
Errors out exactly after this. I can see the AA flights, can't get a price for them.
I am able to get prices for AA services, in this case BOS-JFK/EWR-BOS, so maybe a temporary or local problem? It then went on to the next page

Old Jul 18, 18, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by zsalya_fly View Post
I have an Old Account. Promotion Avios posted, and I have used them all up for an IB metal trip in 2019.

Now trying to price up an RJ return and I get as far as selecting the flights - then clicking on "View" brings up the same error message mentioned here already.
I can see the price for the same RJ return on ba.com
Is there a way to know whether the cash element will be materially less using IB?
I am able to price up via Iberia, see below. Same cash, more Avios, as tends to be the way.

Old Jul 18, 18, 4:39 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Explorist; IHG Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Free agent on airlines
DP: When I called 2 hours ago, they told me to call again in 7 hours, because they were having an IT issue. Strange. I don't get how an airline can have such bad IT in 2018.
Old Jul 18, 18, 4:59 pm

If you wonder why Spain is having problems it is becsuse they are exactly like iberia . Rofl
Old Jul 18, 18, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Can't book anything with new avios in account.

Sounds like problems with new and old accounts and everything in between.

New strategy by Iberia: Conquer and divide?
Old Jul 19, 18, 1:11 am

Cross-posting from another thread, but keep trying to call in! On my 4th phone agent, I was able to book on partner metal. It sounded like he was searching in a different manner than the other agents I'd spoken to.

This was using a new account, went through the lock-out, having to send passport/ticket info in, etc., and Avios had just posted.

So it is 100% possible to do over the phone, if the person you get knows how to do it. They also waived phone fees when I explained that I could not book online.
Coathanger likes this.
Old Jul 19, 18, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977 View Post
Is that at saver? its 23k Avios round trip per chart - how are you pricing at 42k?
Thats what I get from iberia.. eco.. just tried again.

AND.. I get the quote with my old iberia account.. the new account of my brother does not get a quote but an error
Old Jul 19, 18, 11:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Starwood
I get the error on new accounts I made for family members but my existing account, no error. I am so frustrated, how are we supposed to book tickets??
Old Jul 19, 18, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Originally Posted by jules128 View Post
I get the error on new accounts I made for family members but my existing account, no error. I am so frustrated, how are we supposed to book tickets??
Mix reports... some has been able to book on the phone, other no...
I called 3 times, and impossible to book anything (various / different reasons and excuses).
Old Jul 19, 18, 3:44 pm

Unhappy Online Redemption Challenges

I'm new to Iberia Plus and keen to redeem the 90k miles from June's promo.

However, I'm unable to get anything but errors from iberia.com

The message I've been receiving is: "An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us."

I've tried a Linux machine with both Chrome and Firefox (latests) and a Windows machine Chrome, Firefox and Edge but remain the same error regardless.

I'm leery of chewing up too much time on the phone with an Iberia agent and would strongly prefer to use the site.
  • Is this error a first for others?
  • Is it a general error for a specific issue? Would I get it -- for example -- if I'm trying to redeem flights that require more Avios than I have in my account?
  • Is this just a result of the understandable influx of visitors to the site?
I've been specifically looking at 24-Jan-19 SFO to either LON or MAD return 02-Feb-19 and a few days either side. Flight options are presented and I select them.

But, when I click "View" to proceed to the next step, the above error results.

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 18, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Welcome. You'll find several threads and posts about this very topic in the main Iberia forum.

Yes, a lot of people are having this problem.
Old Jul 19, 18, 4:20 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by dazwilkin2 View Post
  • Is this error a first for others?
  • Is it a general error for a specific issue? Would I get it -- for example -- if I'm trying to redeem flights that require more Avios than I have in my account?
  • Is this just a result of the understandable influx of visitors to the site?
I've been specifically looking at 24-Jan-19 SFO to either LON or MAD return 02-Feb-19 and a few days either side. Flight options are presented and I select them.

But, when I click "View" to proceed to the next step, the above error results.
Hello and welcome to both Flyertalk and a particular welcome from all of us in the Iberia forum dazwilkin2.

Many people seem to be getting errors on the Iberia website at the moment, and I will transfer this thread into another one where there are more examples of this. I have a legacy Iberia account and I am not reporting any problems, though I using the Spanish language version. Here is what I get for your dates above in economy. Premium economy and Business options also exist. The results display irrespective of your Avios total, unless there is some issue with new accounts which I haven't seen identified. There are / were some restrictions on Iberia accounts under 90 days old, but this doesn't explain what other FTers have reported. Still, this is what I am seeing for your date, there are plenty of other options showing for me on your dates, including with Level.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: