Impossible to book partners

Old Jul 17, 18, 12:07 pm

I have the same issue. I had to book my flights with just Iberia metal, and will now have to book a separate positioning flight to Chicago. Not the end of the world, but it is annoying.
Old Jul 18, 18, 6:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Avis Preferred
Same here. Cannot book tickets with Avios at partner airlines. New Iberia plus account. Called Iberia and the lady said that they are no longer allowed to book award tickets on partner airlines ... This makes the avios I got during the promo quite useless.
Old Jul 18, 18, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Not allowed to book awards tickets???? Really?
Old Jul 18, 18, 6:45 am

Programs: MPC SL
It sucks.... but has anyone tried booking hotels? At least can get something out of the Avios if I can't find myself on any IB flights?
Old Jul 18, 18, 7:05 am

IT issues

I called their UK number because the US number wasn’t working and was told it was an IT issue that would be fixed in a few days.
Old Jul 18, 18, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by imnewhere View Post
It sucks.... but has anyone tried booking hotels? At least can get something out of the Avios if I can't find myself on any IB flights?
Doesn't work, have already tried to book online. Called them, they can't book hotels using Avios over the phone.
Old Jul 18, 18, 8:29 am

Some have reported HUCA until you get an agent who can do it.

If you don't want to go through with that you will have to wait until they fix it
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann View Post
Doesn't work, have already tried to book online. Called them, they can't book hotels using Avios over the phone.

Yep same - has anyone tried calling 02036843774 in the UK?

Seems to be like they've tried to do some behind the scenes work to ringfence these somewhat, but it's gone wrong or miscommunicated just exactly how much they were supposed to be ringfenced!!
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:29 am

Where does the error message pop up during the online booking process please? I have a old account and am able to search and find AA award space and click view and see the Avios total and tax/fee price. Does it error out before or after this? Thanks so much!
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by schwimmair View Post
Where does the error message pop up during the online booking process please? I have a old account and am able to search and find AA award space and click view and see the Avios total and tax/fee price. Does it error out before or after this? Thanks so much!
It errors when trying to view the price.
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by schwimmair View Post
Errors out exactly after this. I can see the AA flights, can't get a price for them.
Old Jul 18, 18, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sammyg901 View Post
Yep same - has anyone tried calling 02036843774 in the UK?

Seems to be like they've tried to do some behind the scenes work to ringfence these somewhat, but it's gone wrong or miscommunicated just exactly how much they were supposed to be ringfenced!!
They can't book hotels using Avios over the phone, I already tried it.
Old Jul 18, 18, 11:11 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
I have an Old Account. Promotion Avios posted, and I have used them all up for an IB metal trip in 2019.

Now trying to price up an RJ return and I get as far as selecting the flights - then clicking on "View" brings up the same error message mentioned here already.
I can see the price for the same RJ return on ba.com
Is there a way to know whether the cash element will be materially less using IB?
Old Jul 18, 18, 11:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I can't even book IB flights online for redemptions. Get to "view prices" with plenty of availability showing and I get an error message. Old IB Plus account.
Old Jul 18, 18, 12:26 pm

I've also found even booking Iberia with new account set up with finally awarded promos get the error code. These are full on direct JFK-MAD no stop no other partner or subsidiary of Iberia.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: