Impossible to book partners

Old Jul 14, 18, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Originally Posted by tdot_guy View Post
Has anyone found a solution to this ? I can see wide availability but when I click on view I get this error , I just want to know how many miles its going to cost so I can call them to book , so hard to work their website
no still the same here...
Old Jul 15, 18, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
No problems searching availability or to book. Not sure what you guys are doing wrong.

I think you should all chill down and enjoy a nice piŮa colada.
cruisr likes this.
Old Jul 15, 18, 2:46 pm

Programs: "
data point:
old account (participated in promo, miles posted): no problem to book partners
new account (participated in promo, miles posted) same error as decribed above except for iberia flights
frenchft likes this.
Old Jul 15, 18, 3:56 pm

Those of us who get the error message, are you all just calling in to book the award?
Old Jul 15, 18, 5:15 pm

Programs: MVP
Originally Posted by GTL4F View Post
Those of us who get the error message, are you all just calling in to book the award?
yes iíve been calling to ask the cost of the flight(miles+taxes) getting all differrent answers . I see availability on American Airlines under business saver but when I ask Iberia about the same flight they say itís not available -not surewhat the solution is given that everyone says search onAA and thenbook with iberia.
Old Jul 15, 18, 6:49 pm

I see a first class cathay availability on BA website but it does not show up on iberia , is this normal ? can I book by calling?
Old Jul 15, 18, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Maybe this was their plan... restrict the ability to book partners online for those that just created accounts. Would certainly limit their liability since their call center sucks so bad...
frenchft and tdot_guy like this.
Old Jul 15, 18, 8:39 pm

Have any new accounts been able to 1) book any awards, Iberia or partner, online? 2) book on the phone successfully after seeing availability online?
Old Jul 15, 18, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by GTL4F View Post
Have any new accounts been able to 1) book any awards, Iberia or partner, online? 2) book on the phone successfully after seeing availability online?
yes if you see online and call them I think it should be okay. I have only called them to ask how much its going to cost
Old Jul 16, 18, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, TK*G, UIA PremEY Silv, CX Silv, Hyatt Diam, , Skyteam Elite+,HH Diam, SPG Plat100, EK Silv
Will try on the phone too...
another Iberia crappy strategy here... pathetic.
Old Jul 16, 18, 6:43 am

also not possible by phone!
the lady told me to try again in a few hours...
Old Jul 16, 18, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by de.de View Post
What the heck?! Could the rep not find availability? I was finally able to get past the error screen for JFK-MAD, MAD-BCN and have the amount of avios + taxes show up. Anything other than Iberia (not even Iberia Express), would prompt the error message. I may rearrange my trip just so I can book those online and not have to deal with the phone.
Old Jul 16, 18, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by de.de View Post
Really?
Old Jul 17, 18, 11:18 am

yes. Did anyone with a new account solved the problem?
Old Jul 17, 18, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK * A Gold, Qatar Gold
I am struggling to book partners too, trying to work out how much LON-PVG would be in business and getting very confused! IB seems to be about 119k (in december) for business from Madrid but would be interested to know how much the BA flights from London would be. Is this a zone 7 redemption and do I use the BA or IB charts? I just get an error message when selecting anything other than IB flights.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: