Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI upgrade gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
OLCI upgrade gone wrong

This is a vent more than anything else, but if anyone has some advice it'll be very welcome.

I checked in for my IB flight a few days ago (flight is tomorrow, GRU-MAD). I checked my reservation on the website today and was offered a good deal to upgrade from premium economy business, so I accepted. But the website acted up, and throws an error whether I try to pay for the upgrade or cancel it. Now this leg is not even showing up in my reservation.

I called IB several times and all agents say they can do nothing (not even cancel the upgrade request or assign seats in the new cabin) and that I can only sort it out at the airport.

The problem is that I was planning to stay in transit at GRU (flying from somewhere else today). In order to visit the checkin desk I'll have to clear immigration twice and security once, and who knows what seats will be left by that time. This inconvenience negates the value of the upgrade.

Anyway, Iberia's website is well known to be the epitome of unreliability but the fact that phone agents are also powerless to do anything about this is quite frustrating to say the least...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.