Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting ways to burn the Avios from HKG

Interesting ways to burn the Avios from HKG

Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AviationAddict
May I know if availability on BA.com different from that of IB hotline? I saw availability on BA.com but the agent could not find my JAL flight...
Agents don't necessarily know how to book partner awards and will say "no availability" to get you off the phone. HUACA and/or cite exact flight numbers.

However, there is no guarantee that ba.com availability is correct or applies to all OW partners. It should... but not guaranteed.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Agents don't necessarily know how to book partner awards and will say "no availability" to get you off the phone. HUACA and/or cite exact flight numbers.

However, there is no guarantee that ba.com availability is correct or applies to all OW partners. It should... but not guaranteed.
Thanks a lot! HUACA does really work! Managed to grab a round-trip ticket to Japan before the fuel surcharge comes in today, thanks a lot!
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Just tried to search for flights within Asia and it was widely available matching what BA has just the other day but now can't find anything on any day when BA is widely available.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ycc777
Just tried to search for flights within Asia and it was widely available matching what BA has just the other day but now can't find anything on any day when BA is widely available.
Ok, so I guess it wasn't just me running into the same situation

ycc777, is your routing only served by CX or it's CX/KA mixed?

All my CX stuff I was looking at this week disappeared, but the KA stuff still showed up fine.
KA also ticketed normally too, based on HKG-KTM-HKG

Sad the YQ is kicking in tomorrow so which will hurt the wallet slightly even if CX comes back properly
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Ok, so I guess it wasn't just me running into the same situation

ycc777, is your routing only served by CX or it's CX/KA mixed?

All my CX stuff I was looking at this week disappeared, but the KA stuff still showed up fine.
KA also ticketed normally too, based on HKG-KTM-HKG

Sad the YQ is kicking in tomorrow so which will hurt the wallet slightly even if CX comes back properly
Neither show up. I even checked the most frequent schedules HKG-TPE and could not find any flight for several months.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by spikyone
Has anyone had any luck finding availability or booking via the phone in CX F? Didn't see it as an option online for many routes that are showing available on BA or CX's website.
Yes, I have done that back in summer. It took some pain and two or three phone calls to Iberia until I got an agent with brain who was able to book my flights.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by ycc777
I have the same problem now: Iberia does not show any availability at all, while BAEC has multiple options for the same dates. Very strange.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.