Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting ways to burn the Avios from HKG

Interesting ways to burn the Avios from HKG

Reply

Old Oct 29, 18, 10:07 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,479
Originally Posted by AviationAddict View Post
May I know if availability on BA.com different from that of IB hotline? I saw availability on BA.com but the agent could not find my JAL flight...
Agents don't necessarily know how to book partner awards and will say "no availability" to get you off the phone. HUACA and/or cite exact flight numbers.

However, there is no guarantee that ba.com availability is correct or applies to all OW partners. It should... but not guaranteed.
craigthemif is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 18, 5:22 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Agents don't necessarily know how to book partner awards and will say "no availability" to get you off the phone. HUACA and/or cite exact flight numbers.

However, there is no guarantee that ba.com availability is correct or applies to all OW partners. It should... but not guaranteed.
Thanks a lot! HUACA does really work! Managed to grab a round-trip ticket to Japan before the fuel surcharge comes in today, thanks a lot!
AviationAddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 18, 7:43 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Posts: 460
Just tried to search for flights within Asia and it was widely available matching what BA has just the other day but now can't find anything on any day when BA is widely available.
ycc777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 18, 1:33 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: HKG
Programs: AA EXP 1MM, AS MVP 75K, JL Emerald, A3 *G, Hyatt Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Posts: 3,035
Originally Posted by ycc777 View Post
Just tried to search for flights within Asia and it was widely available matching what BA has just the other day but now can't find anything on any day when BA is widely available.
Ok, so I guess it wasn't just me running into the same situation

ycc777, is your routing only served by CX or it's CX/KA mixed?

All my CX stuff I was looking at this week disappeared, but the KA stuff still showed up fine.
KA also ticketed normally too, based on HKG-KTM-HKG

Sad the YQ is kicking in tomorrow so which will hurt the wallet slightly even if CX comes back properly
Short hair Francis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 18, 7:58 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis View Post
Ok, so I guess it wasn't just me running into the same situation

ycc777, is your routing only served by CX or it's CX/KA mixed?

All my CX stuff I was looking at this week disappeared, but the KA stuff still showed up fine.
KA also ticketed normally too, based on HKG-KTM-HKG

Sad the YQ is kicking in tomorrow so which will hurt the wallet slightly even if CX comes back properly
Neither show up. I even checked the most frequent schedules HKG-TPE and could not find any flight for several months.
ycc777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 18, 1:55 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 1,072
Originally Posted by spikyone View Post
Has anyone had any luck finding availability or booking via the phone in CX F? Didn't see it as an option online for many routes that are showing available on BA or CX's website.
Yes, I have done that back in summer. It took some pain and two or three phone calls to Iberia until I got an agent with brain who was able to book my flights.
barracuda93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 18, 1:57 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Taiwan
Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Posts: 1,072
Originally Posted by ycc777 View Post
Just tried to search for flights within Asia and it was widely available matching what BA has just the other day but now can't find anything on any day when BA is widely available.
I have the same problem now: Iberia does not show any availability at all, while BAEC has multiple options for the same dates. Very strange.
barracuda93 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread