Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me change or cancel an award booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL/BMI/BA

I made an award booking last night after receiving my 90000 promotional AVIOS but now need to change the booking.

I have called the Iberia plus centre and they cannot help me as the system will not allow then to modify the booking-they told me to call 0034 913298844 but this number only gives a message in Spanish (unfortunately I do not speak Spanish) then the call ends.

I called back the plus centre and they told me to call 0034 913 742442 but this number tells me to call 901201214 or 901111500 but it is not possible to reach these numbers.

Could anyone offer any advice to enable me to re-book or cancel my booking and credit the AVIOS so that I can make a new booking online.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Avios bookings don´t go straight into the inventory once cancelled, at least that´s my experience with Avios seats in IB, IB Express and Air Nostrum.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I usually call the UK number which I think is 0203 684 3774.

However, unless your reward is IB/BA only, you can't change or cancel it. If it is cancellable, you will have to wait up to a week or more for the Avios to be returned to your account. My recent pre-bonus cancellation took 9 days...
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

I called again last night and got through to someone more helpful who gave me a number to call which worked. The second person I spoke with was very helpful and cancelled my booking as he said he could only change the date but not the destination. It was a ticket on Iberia connecting with Iberia express. He told me I will get the avios back and a refund within 72 hours.

I am am surprised you cannot cancel a booking online.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Leigh78-I'm not sure if you got my reply to your message but the number I used was 0034 913 894357
Old Jul 20, 2018, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by simon stingray
Thanks for the replies.

I called again last night and got through to someone more helpful who gave me a number to call which worked. The second person I spoke with was very helpful and cancelled my booking as he said he could only change the date but not the destination. It was a ticket on Iberia connecting with Iberia express. He told me I will get the avios back and a refund within 72 hours.

Did you have any issues with the redeposit of miles and new booking? I may need to change a date and destination for an award flight booked under the 90k promo and was concerned about the term noted below if I had to cancel and rebook. I am aware that cancellation of the tickets purchased to earn the 90k will void the bonus avios related to that ticket. Do we know if the bolded sentence relates to the award ticket purchased by the 90k or the original cash purchase tickets?

3-Any purchases charged to Avios from this promotion (redemptions) may be exchanged and reissued, if applicable, up until December 1st 2018, as per the particular terms and conditions of the products purchased. Keep in mind that cancellation or refund requests made by the customer for tickets purchased during the promotion implies withdrawal or cancellation of the promotional Avios, regardless of the refund date.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by TPA_Flyer
Did you have any issues with the redeposit of miles and new booking? I may need to change a date and destination for an award flight booked under the 90k promo and was concerned about the term noted below if I had to cancel and rebook. I am aware that cancellation of the tickets purchased to earn the 90k will void the bonus avios related to that ticket. Do we know if the bolded sentence relates to the award ticket purchased by the 90k or the original cash purchase tickets?

3-Any purchases charged to Avios from this promotion (redemptions) may be exchanged and reissued, if applicable, up until December 1st 2018, as per the particular terms and conditions of the products purchased. Keep in mind that cancellation or refund requests made by the customer for tickets purchased during the promotion implies withdrawal or cancellation of the promotional Avios, regardless of the refund date.
I've done this; made a booking using some of the 90,000 award points and then had to cancel. The refund was back on my card within a few days - minus the change fee of 25 euros per ticket - and all the points were added back a day later. It's just the original bookings you made over the weekend the offer was live that you can't cancel without forfeiting the bonus avios.

Last edited by Lizie; Jul 20, 2018 at 3:20 pm Reason: Sausage finger syndrome.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
So for how long are you member ob IB Plus?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:30 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Change fee for award ticket is 25 euros, is that correct?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DebitNM
Change fee for award ticket is 25 euros, is that correct?
It depends. If you booked in USD the change fee is a different amount.

No changes for awards other than BA / IB.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Direct route to ib+

Leigh78-I'm not sure if you got my reply to your message but the number I used was 0034 913 894357
Thanks for this Simon! I had an AVIOS booking cancelled from SCL to MAD in the New Year. trying to get this re-booked has been painful but I finally (six week saga) got a competent English speaking operator on the number you quote. She sorted out my booking without fuss and now sorted.

HERE IS HER ADVICE -
If you ring the UK number and get the voice recognition system tell it - "AVIOS BOOKING "these are the two magic words it searches for to route you to an Iberia Plus agent. Spread the word and save pain for Iberia Ops and us poor foreigners!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Odiy
Thanks for this Simon! I had an AVIOS booking cancelled from SCL to MAD in the New Year. trying to get this re-booked has been painful but I finally (six week saga) got a competent English speaking operator on the number you quote. She sorted out my booking without fuss and now sorted.

HERE IS HER ADVICE -
If you ring the UK number and get the voice recognition system tell it - "AVIOS BOOKING "these are the two magic words it searches for to route you to an Iberia Plus agent. Spread the word and save pain for Iberia Ops and us poor foreigners!
Had to call twice to cancel two bookings I made last night. One in my party has a pending name change and I realized Iberia doesn't offer any exceptions, even with court documents showing a name change.

Both calls were about 5 minutes and handled by competent agents. I called the UK number and took your advice to say "Avios Booking". Easy stuff.
Odiy likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:52 pm

Can anyone help with what number I should call if I'm from the Untied States? I tried calling 1800 772 4642 more than 10 times to no avail. I also tried the UK number suggested above, but it didn't work. Is it available only during certain hours? I have tried calling around 3:00PM California time (around 11:00PM/midnight London time).
Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:21 pm

I made an award booking using my 90000 promotional Avios on an IB ticket but now I would like to cancel it (and pay the 25 Euro), if I do that will the point post back to my account or disappear? Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:44 am

In theory they would disappear. However, there are plenty of recent reports in the thread on the promotion about people cancelling and keeping the points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.