Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has IAG suspended 'Combine My Avios'?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC
I transfered all by bonus in bite size chunks earlier in the week. I've since received a hotel transfer in (requested weeks ago) but can not longer move it over; even in the same small batches.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:07 pm

Just as a datapoint: I haven't participated in this promotion and on Wednesday I was not able to transfer any Avios from IB+ to BAEC (it said that Combine my Avios was not available at the time). I have tried again today and it works.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
I was unable to transfer Avios from BAEC to Iberia+, even using the BAEC->Avios->IB+ workaround (the BAEC->Avios worked OK but the Avios->IB+ failed). Called Avios and they told me that the facility had been temporarily taken down due to a software issue - the agent said that some people received a confirmation but no transfer had taken place). I then called BAEC and they were able to transfer Avios directly to IB+ - points posted in IB+ immediately. This was about 8 hours ago.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: Deliveroo Plus
Anyone had luck with transferring the bonus Avios, I know this has been discussed over a few posts but this seems the right place to ask.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yb90
Anyone had luck with transferring the bonus Avios, I know this has been discussed over a few posts but this seems the right place to ask.
Exactly three posts up somebody answered your question.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by flyuk
Godsavethepoints is reporting that this may have been suspended permanently .
Also, by definition, something cannot be suspended permanently.
golfmad and Wadexis like this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by mrvincent
I transfered all by bonus in bite size chunks earlier in the week. I've since received a hotel transfer in (requested weeks ago) but can not longer move it over; even in the same small batches.
How small were the transfers and could you do more than one transfer a day? I can't move 1k and think I'll have to use them on Iberia!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Also, by definition, something cannot be suspended permanently.
I think you knew what I meant.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Pack
How small were the transfers and could you do more than one transfer a day? I can't move 1k and think I'll have to use them on Iberia!
The max was my balance pre-bonus. So only a few hundred Avios at a time - I had moved them all by mid-morning. But it's no longer possible to move them at all. At least I can't get it working anymore.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
The max was my balance pre-bonus. So only a few hundred Avios at a time - I had moved them all by mid-morning. But it's no longer possible to move them at all. At least I can't get it working anymore.
Did you also have you BAEC account locked as a consequence of moving the avios over? I still can’t get access to mine.
johnwooz likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Gomac

Did you also have you BAEC account locked as a consequence of moving the avios over? I still can’t get access to mine.
No. Not had any issues. Booked BA tickets (non-reward) through my corporate TA and all showing up/working correctly. But I made no changes to my HHA/F&F.

Have you heard back from BA at all?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:21 am

No. Not had any issues. Booked BA tickets (non-reward) through my corporate TA and all showing up/working correctly. But I made no changes to my HHA/F&F.

Have you heard back from BA at all?
No nothing yet, they said it can take up to two weeks, I can see from my partners BAEC that the 90k avios are still there in the household account, not sure what would happen if I tried to use them. For the ,lament I am just sitting tight.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:53 pm

No nothing yet, they said it can take up to two weeks, I can see from my partners BAEC that the 90k avios are still there in the household account, not sure what would happen if I tried to use them. For the ,lament I am just sitting tight.
Don't see BA having an issue with transfer of Avios. From the sounds of things, they sound unhappy with what Iberia have done - it's been suggested that the combine Avios block originated from BA.

Hopefully you get access again soon. Keep us posted.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:08 am

Me too, Been blocked nearly a week, Twitted and phoned to BA but still haven't heard any news from them. Hope will be able to access the account again

Last edited by smartstup; Jul 10, 2018 at 3:36 am
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by smartstup
Me too, Been blocked nearly a week, Twitted and phoned to BA but still haven't heard any news from them. Hope will be able to access the account again
Yes still blocked today for me too. I don't imagine BA would care about me transferring avios from IB to them but its no coincidence that lots of people that have done that have had their accounts blocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.