FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Anyone else had their account blocked? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1917649-anyone-else-had-their-account-blocked.html)

dangle Jul 2, 18 7:44 am

Anyone else had their account blocked?

My Iberia Plus account that I opened last Sunday (shortly before buying 10 flights) seems to have been closed down. I can't access it from their website or the app. Anyone else had this problem?

Scandinavian traveler Jul 2, 18 8:24 am

Originally Posted by dangle (Post 29928818)
My Iberia Plus account that I opened last Sunday (shortly before buying 10 flights) seems to have been closed down. I can't access it from their website or the app. Anyone else had this problem?

I cannot seem to log into mine and my OH's account anymore either, both opened on Saturday. Have not been a problem until now, logged in a few hours ago.

braiden9 Jul 2, 18 8:31 am

This is also happening to my partner and I, I was logged in a few hours ago.

brody24 Jul 2, 18 8:37 am

Likely just a tech glitch. I was in my account 10 minutes ago but now can't log into mine or my wife's account since I'm getting an error message.

martodvo Jul 2, 18 8:40 am

In account, my friend says: "An error occurred in the Login."

brody24 Jul 2, 18 8:44 am

Almost certainly a glitch. In the main thread about the promo, someone posted this:

"Wow. These guys are terrible!

This morning I logged in to check my balance and I was told my username and pin was not correct (it definitely was correct, Iíve logged into Iberia enough times over the last 5 days or so). Called the service centre and they told me that my account must have been deleted because I havenít used it in 4 years. I said that is not possible since it was created in June 21st, 2018. She said I have to email them to get it resolved.

Anyways, I hung up and called back and got the correct answer from the second agent: some of their systems are down and many people have called in with the same issue, try again in a few hours.

Anybody else getting this issue? My girlfriends account is working just fine, but mine is locked out."

xichang08 Jul 2, 18 8:45 am

Just logged in with no problems to my account.

Account has been open a couple of years now.

Travelin_the_world Jul 2, 18 8:57 am

I opened my account last weekend before buying 10 tickets and now I can not log in on either my computer or app.
It was working a few hours ago....
Located in Japan if this makes any difference.

What do you think is going on? Tech glitch?

Scandinavian traveler Jul 2, 18 9:01 am

The App now tells me when I try to access my bookings:

"Your username has been blocked for security reasons"

Doesn't look too good.

Gomac Jul 2, 18 9:07 am

I’ve had my IB Plus account for years (although no activity until these 10 bookings last weekend) and I can still log into the website and app fine and my bookings are in tact.

Travelin_the_world Jul 2, 18 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler (Post 29929097)
The App now tells me when I try to access my bookings:

"Your username has been blocked for security reasons"

Doesn't look too good.

I agree.

Originally Posted by Gomac (Post 29929122)
Iíve had my IB Plus account for years (although no activity until these 10 bookings last weekend) and I can still log into the website and app fine and my bookings are in tact.

Thanks for the update about your account. I appreciate knowing about others.

brody24 Jul 2, 18 9:14 am

I'm getting the error message at login, but I can still manually check each booking by typing in surname and confirmation code. It pulls up the correct booking management page, and still has proper Iberia Plus number attached. So its not like they are deleting those bookings. Again, likely just a tech glitch.

Travelin_the_world Jul 2, 18 9:24 am

Originally Posted by brody24 (Post 29929146)
I'm getting the error message at login, but I can still manually check each booking by typing in surname and confirmation code. It pulls up the correct booking management page, and still has proper Iberia Plus number attached. So its not like they are deleting those bookings. Again, likely just a tech glitch.

When I manually check each ticket that I bought for myself under my account and for a friend under her account some tickets can not be found, and the ones that can be found do not have any Iberia Plus number attached. Even though when I bought the tickets I put the correct Iberia plus numberS. I have PDFs and e-mails from them showing the correct number was entered at time of booking. Guess I will give it a few hours and then if the problem is not resolved I will call Iberia plus support.
I'm really hoping they did not cancel my account and bookings.... If they did, I want my money back for the flights I bought.

Travelin_the_world Jul 2, 18 9:29 am

Also, I just tried to reset the pin (even though I know it) and I could not correctly enter the email according to Iberia. However, the email I entered is the one associated with the Iberia Plus account. My security questions answers were also apparently wrong... (But they were correct).
This isn't looking good....

swingaling Jul 2, 18 10:35 am

I can login to my own account (opened 2013), but I cannot login to my wife's account (opened 10 days ago). Both our flights appear to be intact and IB Plus numbers are attached.