Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else had their account blocked?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
I can still login to my account but had it for a couple of years with some minor activity.

Can someone who had his/her account blocked try and make a new account with the same email address? If the system will allow you to register with the same email address then your account is deleted for sure otherwise who knows, can be anything from bad IT to account blocking.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Amex MR, AA, HH, Chase Saphire
My account was blocked. I understood it to be on purpose by Iberia as they may have had a security breach and I was asked to submit a form, including identifying materials (I used a passport) via their email address. I received a response back with a new PIN to unlock my account but it does not work. Now, trying to contact someone to resolve and calls to the 800.772.4642 number (2 of them made now) result in the person saying this is the wrong department, you need to call 800.772.4642. I am not sure where to go next. Anyway, outside of any short-term system issue, they do appear to have blocked accounts for security reasons in some cases.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Seems to be any new accounts created for the promo have been blocked and they want a form with ID emailed to them to prove identity before unblocking them. Flights booked still contain the IB number but seems they are maybe thinking people created a second account to book extra flights so want to confirm the accounts and genuine and within their T&C's! This in itself seems reasonable, what is frustrating is the fact it takes a lot of effort to find that out and then email the forms to them and wait for a reply!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:02 pm

Trying to see what's going on with the login error, I just spoke with IP+ agent in Mexico, she told me after reviewing my recently created IP+ account numbers that the accounts were locked. Wow.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Seems to be any new accounts created for the promo have been blocked and they want a form with ID emailed to them to prove identity before unblocking them. Flights booked still contain the IB number but seems they are maybe thinking people created a second account to book extra flights so want to confirm the accounts and genuine and within their T&C's! This in itself seems reasonable, what is frustrating is the fact it takes a lot of effort to find that out and then email the forms to them and wait for a reply!
What email address do we send that to?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
My account that's 11 months old is working fine.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Both accounts are fine (one older, one new)

YMMV
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Billiken
Both accounts are fine (one older, one new)

YMMV
Mine seemed locked earlier this afternoon, but is working ok now. Might just be a glitch. Suggest waiting.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by samwise6222
My account that's 11 months old is working fine.
I created mine in November because some blog post said i could get better deals sending my BA to IB so I'm open still. I learned in the past its generally a good idea to sign up for accounts even if you have no plan on flying the airline just in case. Well this is one example why.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, MileagePlus Gold
My account is locked. I tried changing the PIN and received a notification the account is blocked for "security reasons." I created the account last Friday.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bladel
My account is locked. I tried changing the PIN and received a notification the account is blocked for "security reasons." I created the account last Friday.
just got off the phone from a rather lengthy phone call to iberia plus and he assured me that they've locked some accounts to update the accounts and add the promo avios to over the next few days and that 2-3 days should be back to normal with them all in there.

also had 2 out of the 10 bookings i made non recognisable on the manage my booking page which where all working fine when i checked a few days ago. but they're all sorted now and just a waiting game by the sounds of it.

thats the 2nd lengthy call I've made to them now regarding this promo in the last 7 days as they wiped all my bookings of my IB plus number last monday even though they were all in there at booking and in the confirmation emails

i made my IB plus account the day before i booked but think I'm one of a few people who actually intend to fly everything i booked haha
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by twilson1995
just got off the phone from a rather lengthy phone call to iberia plus and he assured me that they've locked some accounts to update the accounts and add the promo avios to over the next few days and that 2-3 days should be back to normal with them all in there.

also had 2 out of the 10 bookings i made non recognisable on the manage my booking page which where all working fine when i checked a few days ago. but they're all sorted now and just a waiting game by the sounds of it.

thats the 2nd lengthy call I've made to them now regarding this promo in the last 7 days as they wiped all my bookings of my IB plus number last monday even though they were all in there at booking and in the confirmation emails

i made my IB plus account the day before i booked but think I'm one of a few people who actually intend to fly everything i booked haha
I was told the block was specifically because they need to verify information beforehand. They said they can only unlock it once I send in pic of passport to confirm identity info. They obviously dont want to pay out Avios for people who made up fake passport info and created 10 accounts for fake people.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I made my account back in March of this year. I bought the ten tickets two weeks ago. I'm not locked out of my account, but I don't see the 90k points posted yet. :-/
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:01 pm

I contacted Iberia plus and they told me that to unlock my account I needed to send an email to
[email protected]. Then I needed to follow this format for the email:

Subject: write down my IB + account number
Content:
Write down I want to recover my IB+ account. Then enter the number.
My full name is…..

Then wait 72 hours for them to reply but he said it could be faster.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:33 pm

called iberia they sent me an email link and changed the pin. now works fine. no Avios tho

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.