Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award available on BA but not on IB?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
One ways are allowed on BA, so there's that. But the taxes are also high.
But only if you start the journey in London.
Returning from most places the taxes are the same as IB.

The BA AVIOS maybe higher if you are flying back to London (due to the distance) but that can be negated by stopping in MAD and then getting a RFS back to LON.

Yes, separate tickets and a faff, so wether it is worth saving the 20K AVIOS each is up to you.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:29 pm
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
HI.. Can't seem to get this to work.. .

I called the call centre, and they found the flights I wanted and it should be 81,250 pts, but their system say 100K. They wouldn't do anything even though their own BA award chart for non-peak says otherwise. Agent and Supervisor told me I would have to book it online if I wanted the discounted rate.. but can't find a way to get IKA or THR to show.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by zh
HI.. Can't seem to get this to work.. .

I called the call centre, and they found the flights I wanted and it should be 81,250 pts, but their system say 100K. They wouldn't do anything even though their own BA award chart for non-peak says otherwise. Agent and Supervisor told me I would have to book it online if I wanted the discounted rate.. but can't find a way to get IKA or THR to show.
Try to check the flight availability for a few days. For some reason, I have found that availability changes from 0 to full for some reason by just waiting a day or two. Not sure if it is some quirk.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
been seeing this for hours --An error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to please try again after a few minutes. If the error persists please contact us.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Sorry, but I have to laugh. Iberia "experts" don't go anywhere near partner rewards... It's not like many of us can actually tell you how to game it in your favour. We just stick to simple Iberia rewards and book partners via BAEC because until now there's been no incentive whatsoever to book partners via IB+.

Iberia's IT doesn't work. Agents aren't much better. Half the time they'll tell you that you can't spend Avios on partners. The other half of the time they'll simply not look very hard for award space. FWIW partner rewards are non-refundable and non-changeable.

If a search comes up with the flights you're looking for, consider yourself lucky. But AFAIK there isn't a magical trick to be shared.

so i have found some value with close-in IB partner award redemptions. I have had lots more luck by calling the Spanish Iberia Plus phone number and speaking to agents there. That call center seems to be 3rd party, however much more knowledgable than the center the american number transfers to.

in speaking with the last agent that was actually able to help me, i asked him what i can tell other IB agents when they say that they can't find partner award space. he replied that they have to put a specific search in versus just searching using their generic one.

EG: if you want to fly DEN-DFW on 15Mar on AA you would make the following entry in their system :

AN AA15MARDENDFW

he said to quote it to the agent so they will know how to search for your specific flights.

it seems like it is a generic amadeus entry however if they don't enter it, the computer will assume they are looking for flights on IB from DEN to DFW in this case.

hope this helps others

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.