Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
hi everyone, in your experience which one is better to fly business A330 (from BOS) or A340 (from JFK)?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:48 pm

The cabins are the same (if it's an A332 it's slightly newer, but not a significant difference). Pick the flight that's most convenient for you.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
LHR- MAD (A340 business)
overnight hotel using remainder of points
MAD-NRT (business)

all for the 90200 points and £170. Taking in to account the cost of the initial 10 flights an outlay of £391. Very happy with that.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by davm666
LHR- MAD (A340 business)
overnight hotel using remainder of points
MAD-NRT (business)

all for the 90200 points and £170. Taking in to account the cost of the initial 10 flights an outlay of £391. Very happy with that.
is there any guide for hotel booking ? for best redemption available and how to book them
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
I ended up with 72,000 bonus Avios from the promotion. I ended up booking (2) off peak one-ways from ORD-MAD in business class for 68,000 Avios + $197 in taxes. I was lucky to get in on some of the initial cheap one ways and my total outlay for the flights was $201.50. Getting two one ways in J to Europe for $398.50 is one of the best FF deals I've ever gotten in on. I always seem to be late to the party. Luckily for me this party was 3 days long.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:40 am

Hi guys, I got avios from this on both myself and my wife's account. I have booked a redemption with mine. I'd like to book another but need to somehow get some more avios in to my wife's Iberia account from my BA account (we are in a household BA account) seems complicated but I'm sure there must be a way...? Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold
My wife and I participated in the 90k award fiesta and got 81k each and could not be bothered to try and claim the missing miles. Last week with comparative ease I managed to book two x one way to JFK and back in September next year, I realise this is quite a long way off. On the A350 as well which as it stands will be a first for me. The question is this, I do not seem to be able to select seats despite there being a link on Manage My Booking. Comes back with an error. This is not quite into end of the world territory and there is plenty of time to sort it out but I would rather do it than not if the option is there. Is this normal for IB and does seat selection kick in x days before flight, or is it some form of website glitch, or is there a work round I have not found? Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by GWZM2804
My wife and I participated in the 90k award fiesta and got 81k each and could not be bothered to try and claim the missing miles. Last week with comparative ease I managed to book two x one way to JFK and back in September next year, I realise this is quite a long way off. On the A350 as well which as it stands will be a first for me. The question is this, I do not seem to be able to select seats despite there being a link on Manage My Booking. Comes back with an error. This is not quite into end of the world territory and there is plenty of time to sort it out but I would rather do it than not if the option is there. Is this normal for IB and does seat selection kick in x days before flight, or is it some form of website glitch, or is there a work round I have not found? Thanks
Basically Iberia hasn´t decided (yet) where are they sending their A350 when they receive more planes. Your flight is likely to be operated by an A350, but it is not confirmed yet. That´s why you can´t reserve any seats yet. Only when the plane type is confirmed by Ib Operations, you will be able to selects seats.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by tobsw
Basically Iberia hasn´t decided (yet) where are they sending their A350 when they receive more planes. Your flight is likely to be operated by an A350, but it is not confirmed yet. That´s why you can´t reserve any seats yet. Only when the plane type is confirmed by Ib Operations, you will be able to selects seats.
Thanks, it says 350 both ways on my booking and I did read somewhere JFK would be the first route but you are probably right in that it is not fully confirmed yet. Plenty of time to get it sorted out.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Thanks, it says 350 both ways on my booking and I did read somewhere JFK would be the first route but you are probably right in that it is not fully confirmed yet. Plenty of time to get it sorted out.
My experiances when booking flights on IB a long way out is that seat booking options will lag by about two or three weeks. Leave it for now and check back every 5 days or so.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
At the moment, IB is operating their 2 A350 to New York. Because 1 plane can easilly manage one rotation every day. Early next year they are receiving more planes, so it is likely that other routes, that require more planes., are getting the A350. However, Ib hasn´t decided yet
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
JL F to CDG and a bunch of positioning flights.
tropikey likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:52 am

Just booked 2 days ago return VIE-MAD-Medellin in January. All flights business class, 97 800 points. Boutght 8 000 Avios via groupon.es for 99,- Eur.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Decent availability for JFK-MAD next summer.

Anyone finding anything on AA domestics routes for 2019?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Just returned back from an amazing 3 week trip to the US and Mexico in BA First bought using mine and my girlfriends Avios from this promotion. Never tried flying first nor the 747, so I was particularly excited when I got to pick 1K at T-72 on the outbound. Mixed fleet crew a bit disappointing but alright. IFE was not fastened at the top so it almost fell out and was not straight. Decided to stay in the seat anyways as it did work and I wanted to try the nose.

The way way back from Mexico City was on the Dreamliner. Such a lovely cabin. The image on the seat controls had been scratched off, but other than that it was perfect. Service was WW and was particularly good. Meal service was very confusing though and they did not offer me starter or appetizer (had to ask for them after my main course).

Flew from Copenhagen so taxes were only 350 gbp return. Total cost was therefore around 750 (including cash back for the Iberia flights).

Overall I was very happy with this promotion although it did require some effort to get the points. I hope to see another promotion like this, although probably unlikely to ever happen again.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.