Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:10 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by yuel
Is there an easy way to go to Bangkok without using ba?
I would suggest one of the west coast CX departures connecting via HKG (though, seeing as your home airport is on the east, it might not be the most convenient for you).

EDIT: CX has flights originating EWR/JFK, so JFK/EWR - HKG - BKK.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by zsc
I would suggest one of the west coast CX departures connecting via HKG (though, seeing as your home airport is on the east, it might not be the most convenient for you).

nyc would be great, thanks, now the problem of finding 4 business seats next summer
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by zsc

how do you find availability for this?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:53 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by yuel
nyc would be great, thanks, now the problem of finding 4 business seats next summer
Good luck! Finding the same for the family albeit for a different route, it is such a pain
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
how do you find availability for this?
If you don't already have one, create a BA Executive Club account, and use their 'Book with Avios' functionality. It'll be on the left sidebar.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: QF Lifetime Gold + more
Question Anyone able to book a premium cabin on Qantas?

Hi,

I've searched high and low for domestic business awards on Qantas using Iberia avios. I can never find anything, even if BA.com shows 9 seats availability. I know internationally Qantas releases few premium seats, particular to partners, but usually domestically they are OK. Should I give up or has anyone had success?

Thanks,
PC
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:15 pm

My family of four booked 4X LGA>ORD @17K and 2X LGA>DCA @11K.
I have not been able to swap in my AA# for my Iberia # on these bookings even though I have tried via "manage my booking" on Finnair and Royal Jordanian. If anyone has any tips on this or has had recent success with the methods let me know. Thanks

Last edited by decerbod; Jul 24, 2018 at 4:16 pm Reason: dupe word
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Plane Crazy
I've searched high and low for domestic business awards on Qantas using Iberia avios. I can never find anything, even if BA.com shows 9 seats availability. I know internationally Qantas releases few premium seats, particular to partners, but usually domestically they are OK. Should I give up or has anyone had success?
I am only seeing Economy availability, as shown below. There would normally be at least one additional column for non Azul/Blue bookings. It appears that I can book these flights however, taxes and Avios get computed through to the next page. BA and IB get the same redemption feed opportunities from Qantas, so all I can suggest is calling up and trying the BA options.

Old Jul 24, 2018, 5:02 pm

Thanks CWS. I am specifically looking at SYD-HTI, the latter I can't seem to select as a destination on BA.com so I can't check BA first for this destination. However, when checking other routes BA is certainly showing business availability on Qantas flights (e.g. SYD-MEL) yet Iberia's website will only show economy on the same flights.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Thanks CWS. I am specifically looking at SYD-HTI, the latter I can't seem to select as a destination on BA.com so I can't check BA first for this destination. However, when checking other routes BA is certainly showing business availability on Qantas flights (e.g. SYD-MEL) yet Iberia's website will only show economy on the same flights.
Let me know how you get on with Iberia on the phone as im looking at the same issue, i suppose if this was easy everybody would be at it!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by decerbod
My family of four booked 4X LGA>ORD @17K and 2X LGA>DCA @11K.
I have not been able to swap in my AA# for my Iberia # on these bookings even though I have tried via "manage my booking" on Finnair and Royal Jordanian. If anyone has any tips on this or has had recent success with the methods let me know. Thanks
There has been a recent crack down by AA to not allow this anymore. For some reason they don't want their members to get their hard earned benefits if they purchase an award on their metal from a different airline.

I also tried using other airline websites to add it, but some airlines show both frequent flyer program numbers including the Iberia website itself. However, using the AA record locator for the flight it shows the frequent flyer program is the Iberia one.
decerbod likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
I'm also trying for QF domestic business class availability and even though BA and AS shows it IB+ seems to ave nothing. But curiously the same problem with BA domestic business class availability doesn't show for anything except City Flyer out of LCY, and even then only if you look for a return flight (apparently Cityflyer isn't treated by IB+ as BA so only return flights and no cancellations possible). This seems crazy when they are owned by the same conglomerate. I haven't tried calling them about it yet to see if the agents can help, but I don't hold out much hope for this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K
Does Iberia normally only release 1 business class award seat at a time? I've been looking at SFO-MAD till end of schedule for 2, but nothing comes up.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Booked MIA-MAD and MAD-LAX in J for May 2019. 85,000 Avios and about $240. I'll take it.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I wound up finally starting to get a trickle of bonus Avios in for our family of 5 after providing the necessary documentation via the email IB provided. We only booked what we were going to fly in August anyway but in the end that should be enough for 36,000 per person. We are SEA based and often fly SEA or PDX to LAX and I was happy to see that we can each get 2 roundtrips on AA for those routes out of our bonuses. Not a huge value, but nice for those quick weekend trips we take down there where it's a minimum of $250 per person per ticket. We more or less get $2500 of value for tickets we were going to buy anyway for our trip through Spain next month, not a bad ROI for the hassle of the back and forth with them.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by sualg
Let me know how you get on with Iberia on the phone as im looking at the same issue, i suppose if this was easy everybody would be at it!
So I managed to book return SYD-HBA on QF in J for two people. Of course Iberia website showed no business availability, BA website showed business on the direct flights I ended up booking via a 45 minute call to Iberia customer service in Spain. The guy was helpful but I was put on hold for so long on multiple occasions so not sure why the system/process was so slow. Interestingly, Iberia agent said he couldn't book me on the indirect flights via Melbourne which the BA website was showing J award availability (I had wanted these flights as they were my preferred dates where the direct flights weren't available).

So in summary I think Iberia has a subset of BA's business award availability on Qantas flights. As such searching for availability on BA is a good start but not a guarantee. Iberia website is just plain useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.