IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by GWZM2804
When the time comes am I best by transferring my wife's Avios to my account so I have the right number for 2 x J rather than taking a risk on 1 seat and then going straight back in and find I can't get another one. Is this a phone call job to customer service. Any advice or experience comments welcome.
Do you know how you can you transfer your wifes miles into your account? This seems like a fundamental flaw if you cant do it.. Please explain your plan.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Do you know how you can you transfer your wifes miles into your account? This seems like a fundamental flaw if you cant do it.. Please explain your plan.
On the Iberia website, log in, go to Iberia Plus, Using my Avios and click on the transfer avios tab, brings this up

"Transfer your Avios to whoever you want

From the My Avios section on your profile page, you can transfer your Avios to anyone else who has an Iberia Plus card."
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Seriously thinking about Mexico after hurricane season next year so obviously not booked yet. My question is this, when searching for award availability for 2 in J the test runs I have done so far come up with nothing but searching for one gives occasional availability. When the time comes am I best by transferring my wife's Avios to my account so I have the right number for 2 x J rather than taking a risk on 1 seat and then going straight back in and find I can't get another one. Is this a phone call job to customer service. Any advice or experience comments welcome.
Transfer! I got lucky when I redeemed mine. It 'only' took 3 calls to find a competent rep. From much anecdotal evidence found on many blogs and here, 6 or more is closer the number of calls you need to make to get somebody even 1/2 way competent. Remove one of the variables and book both at the same time. I would have transferred in a heartbeat, had I known that to be an option.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
On the Iberia website, log in, go to Iberia Plus, Using my Avios and click on the transfer avios tab, brings this up

From the My Avios section on your profile page, you can transfer your Avios to anyone else who has an Iberia Plus card."
I didn't know this was possible.

So, taking this through to my intended conclusion: I can take my wife's Iberia Avios and transfer them to my Iberia Avios account and then transfer out of my Iberia account and move them to my long standing BA Avios account... is that correct?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by edsh
I didn't know this was possible.

So, taking this through to my intended conclusion: I can take my wife's Iberia Avios and transfer them to my Iberia Avios account and then transfer out of my Iberia account and move them to my long standing BA Avios account... is that correct?
Yes, but you have to pay to transfer Avios to another person. It will be several hundred Euros depending on how many you're moving.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by callum9999
Yes, but you have to pay to transfer Avios to another person. It will be several hundred Euros depending on how many you're moving.
Callum, where does it say that? Is that from personal experience? You may be right but that is not the way I interpret the wording above and why I am trying to find out.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Callum, where does it say that? Is that from personal experience? You may be right but that is not the way I interpret the wording above and why I am trying to find out.
see this page and under the transfer row there is a link to the prices https://www.iberia.com/web/buyTransf...clickID=IBHMPA
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:31 am

Thanks for that Karfa. It would be a great deal easier if they put that in the same section saying you can transfer your avios as above, rather than in a different section and then nail you with costs. That kills the whole idea for me and I will have to take on customer service when the time comes. Thanks to everyone for clarifying this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

The "flaw" I mentioned in your cunning plan is the cost.. Transferring a boat load of miles from her to you is expensive and pretty much negates the win you had on the miles in the first place. I guess you have clicked on the link above and seen that for yourself.

You could set up a HHA with Ba and transfer the miles into that and book from there but the negative balance situation could kick in on the 1st od December so thats not ideal either.

A more simple suggestion is to look to choose an option where you book two one ways with one booking from your account and one from hers?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
The "flaw" I mentioned in your cunning plan is the cost.. Transferring a boat load of miles from her to you is expensive and pretty much negates the win you had on the miles in the first place. I guess you have clicked on the link above and seen that for yourself.

You could set up a HHA with Ba and transfer the miles into that and book from there but the negative balance situation could kick in on the 1st od December so thats not ideal either.

A more simple suggestion is to look to choose an option where you book two one ways with one booking from your account and one from hers?
Gracias Bob, that might indeed be a more cunning plan than one I was considering and might well be an easier solution than taking on CS. Will think it through. Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:02 am

Thanks for that Karfa. It would be a great deal easier if they put that in the same section saying you can transfer your avios as above, rather than in a different section and then nail you with costs. That kills the whole idea for me and I will have to take on customer service when the time comes. Thanks to everyone for clarifying this.
It's in the main section that describes transferring Avios - it's pretty clear (and also how almost every single scheme that lets you give points to someone else works!).
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Lizie
I think the question revolves more around how do Iberia distinguish between you spending the promotional avios rather than the non promotional avios which are in the same account. I have the same issue with 25,000 avios already in my account before I received 90,000 from the promotion.

I don't know the answer to that I'm afraid although some have suggested it works on a first in first out basis which would mean your original pot of avios unfortunately would be reduced first. I can't see that happening myself but only Iberia could give you an answer. Email is the way to go here I think so you get something back from them in writing, just in case things don't go to plan come 1st December.
they said you need to spend the same amount of miles as you have earned. so if you earned 10x9k, then u'll have to spend 90k.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:51 am

Thank you kaka for the update. Very helpful indeed.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:14 am

Booked MAD-BOG in February for 2 in business. For the destinations I had in mind (south america) there was plenty award space available (almost every day)
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:18 am

These just need to be booked by Dec 1 or do you have to travel before Dec 1?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.