Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Booked using the avios today. I was originally thinking of just using them for short haul flights in Europe. Decided not to be boring though and instead use them for a long haul trip to somewhere I haven't been before. Some interesting options in Central and South America. Buenos Aires or Santiago looked good, at 102,000 avios for a return in J I would have happily transferred the additional avios across from my BAEC account but combine my avios is obviously not working at the moment. Plan B would have been to transfer 12k amex point in but in the end I went for one of the 85k routes.

So I booked Havana for next May for 85,000 avios and Ł148. I guess I should include the cost of the 10 tickets too so that would be another Ł210. Quite pleased with this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Booked a LHR-JFK in First and a LHR-TXL-LCY in Business - so about 5,000 left to waste.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by SPiKA85
On Iberia operated flights you can pay using Avios + Money. On Y class, is usually good value.
Thank you! Have just looked and have two short flights earmarked for cash and avios. That leaves me with 500 points left but I've done very well out of this so I'm happy.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
MAD-MVD//EZE-MAD-EDI booked today in J (long haul) and Y (short haul). As KARFA says, combine Avios isn't working but a quick call to BAEC and they transferred the Avios over to IB+ in just a few seconds.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:47 pm

Do I read this correctly. You have to use your Avios before Dec 1, meaning booking before. It can be for a later flight, like next year?
Or trip must be completed before Dec 1?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Do I read this correctly. You have to use your Avios before Dec 1, meaning booking before. It can be for a later flight, like next year?
Or trip must be completed before Dec 1?
Been covered earlier - not sure where. You must BOOK by 1 DEC. Can fly anytime up to the end of schedule. If you make any changes after 1 DEC you forfeit your Avios.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Been covered earlier - not sure where. You must BOOK by 1 DEC. Can fly anytime up to the end of schedule. If you make any changes after 1 DEC you forfeit your Avios.
Sorry, could have been me. Getting too old. Thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Kept it simple - only went for 18k Avios in this promotion, used towards a domestic roundtrip to New Orleans on AA.
Given Iberia's website is so crappy - it couldn't handle changing the PIN and using a new PIN on the same day - I was worried they would botch their own promotion.
~$60 + 20 Euro tax for a $350 ticket is my kind of deal.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR; AB Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Booked TXL-LHR-DEL oneway in J, but still 20k left
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:15 am

I finally got my bonus points and now looking at availability.

it seems like we can book one way on BA flights? Can anyone confirm? I know AA has to be RT. Thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GTL4F
I finally got my bonus points and now looking at availability.

it seems like we can book one way on BA flights? Can anyone confirm? I know AA has to be RT. Thank you.
yes you can book one way BA flights using IB avios.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
is there anyway to book australia or NZ from north america in biz?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF, AS, BA, SQ, CX, IB
Not unless you have about 3 times as many points. Qantas almost never releases International premium cabins to partners and I can't even see Qantas domestic Business seats on IB+ , but thats nothing when they don't even show BA domestic business seats, and supposedly they are part of the same company? You've gotta laugh.
I've decided to blow my IB+ worthless Avios on BA First DOH-LHR, after travelling PER-DOH in Qatar First on Qantas points.
tdot_guy likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by tsmnc
Booked TXL-LHR-DEL oneway in J, but still 20k left
Did you book online or via phone? Do you have an old or new account? Trying to book JFK-MAD-TXL but doesn't work online.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GTL4F
Did you book online or via phone? Do you have an old or new account? Trying to book JFK-MAD-TXL but doesn't work online.
you have a new account? (sorry, i digressed)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.