Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent
But it doesn't state that they must be spent with Iberia. I will happily provide them an extract of how I've spent their Avios that I transfer to BA!
​​​​​It clearly states that. And also give an example. If you did not redeem them on IB+ you will have for sure a negative balance and with the IB+ and BAEC merging, this amount will be negative at the other side. But it is up to you.

My guess is that for 6 months the combine my avios link will have some 'technical' issues and it will not work at all...
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by 343
​​​​​It clearly states that. And also give an example. If you did not redeem them on IB+ you will have for sure a negative balance and with the IB+ and BAEC merging, this amount will be negative at the other side. But it is up to you.

My guess is that for 6 months the combine my avios link will have some 'technical' issues and it will not work at all...
It says you must use them with Iberia Plus, not Iberia - they are two very different things...
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB PLATINO, AB GOLD, HH DIAMOND
90000 avios from promo in my account!!!

Iberia Plus has give me my promotional avios already. So now time to share between us how are we going to spend them. Congrats to all that take the chance that I post few days ago.

Last edited by PLATINOIB; Jul 3, 2018 at 1:49 pm
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:48 pm

Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by PLATINOIB
Iberia Plus has give me my promotional avios already. So now time to share between us how are we going to spend them. Congrats to all that take the chance that I post few days ago.

Way to go! Congrats!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Just booked my flights from TLV-JFK round trip in J for a total of 110K avios!! had an extra 22K in my account already so it worked out great for me.
Such a great deal, paid just 300$ in taxes and right around passover (Jewish holidays here in Israel), the flight in Y would have costed 1200$ easily, J probably 3000$.
PLATINOIB likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Hei guys,
anyone has suggestions about how to use a residual amount of miles, such as 5K? Any way to burn them ?
Lizie likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Booked MAD-SCL//GIG-MAD in Business Class for a total outlay of about Ł390 including the SDR-MAD flights. Very happy.
PLATINOIB and Lizie like this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:16 am

Congratulations!
But now You have a big worry is how to spent .
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:22 am

New to Iberia, avios, and the wonderful iberia website. HAving sent in the documentation they required, I am still waiting for my avios to show up, but as I am researching potential flights, I have a question. My first choice of booking is an SFO-JFK flight, but when I put in just the one way, is says no connections found, however if I try to book a round trip, lots of availability is showing up. Is there a way to get around this, or do all avios bookings have to be round trip?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by shih987
Congratulations!
But now You have a big worry is how to spent .

In my case, I spend only few minutes to spend it to book a award ticket in Biz to Johannesburg for next year. 85000 avios in total.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Looks like all availability out of Chicago has dried up over night.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Dsm2m2
Looks like all availability out of Chicago has dried up over night.
Inevitable there would be a lot of people booking choice routes but flights are loaded daily. Just have to be adaptable.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by paffendorf
Hei guys,
anyone has suggestions about how to use a residual amount of miles, such as 5K? Any way to burn them ?
Am in the same position. Wondering if you can pay part cash and put the residual towards the price? Would you get avios for the cash element I don't know.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: AR, AA, IB, EY, UA
Originally Posted by dalameda
New to Iberia, avios, and the wonderful iberia website. HAving sent in the documentation they required, I am still waiting for my avios to show up, but as I am researching potential flights, I have a question. My first choice of booking is an SFO-JFK flight, but when I put in just the one way, is says no connections found, however if I try to book a round trip, lots of availability is showing up. Is there a way to get around this, or do all avios bookings have to be round trip?
Award flights on partner airlines have to be round trip. But you can book oneway IB and BA flights.

Originally Posted by Lizie
Am in the same position. Wondering if you can pay part cash and put the residual towards the price? Would you get avios for the cash element I don't know.
On Iberia operated flights you can pay using Avios + Money. On Y class, is usually good value.
dalameda and Lizie like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.