Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia's 90,000 point catch - 'the negative balance' on transfers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia's 90,000 point catch - 'the negative balance' on transfers.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: Skymiles Platinum / Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by callum9999
For future reference, Iberia can't remove emails from your Inbox. Nor can anyone else (unless they hacked into your account - which no major company would ever consider doing!).
I was wrong initially but so are you. That's not true: https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...8-6c0729a723a0
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by imaginaryhomeland
I was wrong initially but so are you. That's not true: https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...8-6c0729a723a0
That's not how email works. From your own link...
With message recall, a message that you sent is retrieved from the mailboxes of the recipients who haven’t yet opened it.
[...]
Message recall is available [...] only if both you and the recipient have an Office 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account in the same organization.
1) You had already opened the messages
2) You are not in the same server as Iberia...
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:20 am

Is there a way to shut-down the link between your Iberia and BA accounts after transferring the miles out? The redemption I am looking at is available on both rewards booking sites but unfortunately there is a 200 pound higher fee for booking through iberia. Would rather lose 200 pounds than have a -90k on my BA balance. Tough decisions when everything is so up in the air!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Is there more info about the programs merging? I had heard rumors but never saw anything concrete.
It is worth noting that when IB Plus and BA Executive Club eventually migrate to the common Avios platform, the balances belonging to an individual's IB Plus and BAEC accounts will be merged into a single balance. Once the migration is complete, members will be able redeem from and add credit to their single Avios "bank account" from both or any one of the programmes they belong to. However, IB Plus and BAEC will continue as two very distinct programmes.

I chatted to BA's Global Executive Club Proposition Manager earlier this month about the migration who indicated the migration is still in the middle distance
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Prospero
It is worth noting that when IB Plus and BA Executive Club eventually migrate to the common Avios platform, the balances belonging to an individual's IB Plus and BAEC accounts will be merged into a single balance. Once the migration is complete, members will be able redeem from and add credit to their single Avios "bank account" from both or any one of the programmes they belong to. However, IB Plus and BAEC will continue as two very distinct programmes.

I chatted to BA's Global Executive Club Proposition Manager earlier this month about the migration who indicated the migration is still in the middle distance
That's interesting. So same back end but different front ends. I suppose that way the limit some of the gold benefits for IB flyers on BA (no GUF2) and don't let BA people get parking at MAD.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
I'd be interested in moving to the BA side mainly for the family pooling option. I'm assuming there are no household accounts on the IB side?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:43 pm

Initial reports out that points cannot be transferred to BA.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acmys
Initial reports out that points cannot be transferred to BA.
Any more detail on these reports? I wasn't aware anyone had received their avios yet to even try?

Be aware that IB to BAEC transfers have always been flaky - often the easy way to do it was to transfer via avios.com
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Any more detail on these reports? I wasn't aware anyone had received their avios yet to even try?

Be aware that IB to BAEC transfers have always been flaky - often the easy way to do it was to transfer via avios.com
I thought the magic number was "10", as in ten days after making reservations for Avios to appear in the account. Take it from there.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I thought the magic number was "10", as in ten days after making reservations for Avios to appear in the account. Take it from there.
I think some did book on 22 June (including some people I know) so 10 days would be today. My 10 days is tomorrow. Even so I still haven't heard of anyone getting the avios yet, hence my curiosity about acmys's initial reports.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Booked 21st - 12 days today. I don't think we will have to wait much longer though.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think some did book on 22 June (including some people I know) so 10 days would be today. My 10 days is tomorrow. Even so I still haven't heard of anyone getting the avios yet, hence my curiosity about acmys's initial reports.

i would take reports of people getting points already with a huge grain of salt.
KARFA and subject2load like this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
First blogger to report points posting will get a tidal wave of lucrative traffic for their stats. Hence some speculative jumping of the gun.
mrvincent likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:53 pm

Tuesday morning in Japan and I am unable to log into my and Mrs. Ex's IB account. Returns error message.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Tuesday morning in Japan and I am unable to log into my and Mrs. Ex's IB account. Returns error message.
when did you open your accounts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.