Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by samhoq
I have a couple of flights on AA for May 18, cost me 46K promo Avios and some taxes. Need to change/cancel flight. Wondering if I should go with the refund approach and if successful move the Avios over to BA. How much time do I have before I have to initiate a change/cancellation?
AA rewards are non-refundable. If you fight really hard you MIGHT get some airport and government taxes back.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
IB has just canceled IB8809 from AGP to MAD for Tuesday, the 16th, due to a pilot strike on Air Nostrum. It was one of my "cheapie" flights for the 90K promo. I wouldn't use the flight because we need to fly from DUS to MAD on the 25th instead (recently booked for normal price). Since IB canceled the flight and wrote that I should check at AGP for alternatives or call the Serviberia #, should I request that they refund the flight (€70 for two of us) and tell them we will be driving from AGP to MAD, or just forget about it? We've already flown the promo avios (MAD-MIA-MAD-DUS) last month.

Second question: We were short 750 avios each when I booked the award flights, so I had to buy the minimum 2,000 for each of us (too close to Dec. 3rd at that point to risk transferring them from my AMEX in time). After the promo ended, they had deducted the entire 2,000 each instead of only the necessary 750. Am I best off contacting them on FB or Twitter, rather than trying to explain the situation on the phone?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tenerife
IB has just canceled IB8809 from AGP to MAD for Tuesday, the 16th, due to a pilot strike on Air Nostrum. It was one of my "cheapie" flights for the 90K promo. I wouldn't use the flight because we need to fly from DUS to MAD on the 25th instead (recently booked for normal price). Since IB canceled the flight and wrote that I should check at AGP for alternatives or call the Serviberia #, should I request that they refund the flight (€70 for two of us) and tell them we will be driving from AGP to MAD, or just forget about it? We've already flown the promo avios (MAD-MIA-MAD-DUS) last month.

Second question: We were short 750 avios each when I booked the award flights, so I had to buy the minimum 2,000 for each of us (too close to Dec. 3rd at that point to risk transferring them from my AMEX in time). After the promo ended, they had deducted the entire 2,000 each instead of only the necessary 750. Am I best off contacting them on FB or Twitter, rather than trying to explain the situation on the phone?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Ask for the refund. €70 will buy 8,000 or so Avios via Groupon Spain. So even if IB+ makes your account go negative by 9k each account, you still wouldn't be that far underwater by using the 70 euros to buy back some Avios. And of course they might not bother deducting the old promo Avios.

As for the 750 / 2000, I can't quite see what the issue is. Did IB+ think that you only spent 88,000 of your promo Avios and therefore expired 2,000? (when you think you spent 89,250?) Unless you can be clearer here, I can't imagine IB+ understanding the issue via any format...
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:01 am

I booked a British Airways award for late 2018 using 39K promo Avios for 2 passengers (plus taxes).

(1) If I pay the € cancellation fee to cancel this flight will my promo Avios be returned to my Iberia account (as opposed to vanishing since they are technically "expired" promo Avios)?
(2) If I can expect the promo Avios to be returned to my Iberia account would it then make sense to move them ASAP over to British Airways?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mster
I booked a British Airways award for late 2018 using 39K promo Avios for 2 passengers (plus taxes).

(1) If I pay the € cancellation fee to cancel this flight will my promo Avios be returned to my Iberia account (as opposed to vanishing since they are technically "expired" promo Avios)?
(2) If I can expect the promo Avios to be returned to my Iberia account would it then make sense to move them ASAP over to British Airways?
The data points are fairly clear. You may or may not get your Avios back. It depends on whether the agent notices anything about the promo. (at the slightest hint HUACA)

And, yes, should you get your Avios back you should immediately move them to BA.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
@craigthemif:
Thanks for your reply. I did call IB about the flight they had canceled, and was offered two alternatives or a refund. I said that neither of the alternatives would work for our schedule and accepted the refund. Now waiting to see if it appears on the credit card or not. No mention of the promo avios, so we'll see what happens.
I will probaby not make any issue with the missing 1,250 avios X 2, and leave things as they are, UNLESS they don't refund their canceled flight.
Thanks again.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Originally Posted by sb1982

Yes, if you give them the booking details and explain - they will give back Avios that were taken away that you used for the reward booking. Note it worked for me as I contacted them the very next day, and it was onTwitter. Avios we’re back within 2 days.
Looks like you got lucked on this matter or they din't like me for transferring 39k avios to BA. Contacted IB via twitter. They took more than a month to respond. Following was the response via email:

In regards of your account having a negative balance, it is due to fact that you issue a ticket with the 9000 Avios Promotion Avios on the December 1st, when this Avios met their expiration date. Since you use the Avios and these were taken from your account because of the expiration, your account has a negative balance.

For these cases, we have been authorized to offer a full refund ticket, in order to balance your account. If you are interested in us refunding your ticket, record locator XXXXX ticket number 012-3456789, please let us know by writing to [email protected].
When I contacted again on Twitter about this email, following was the response:

Hello, xyz. You just need to reply the email from the IBPlus Centre and check what can be done. Notice that 90k Avios were taken from the account on 01/12, but your ticket only costs 51k Avios. Therefore, even if our colleagues refund the 51k Avios that were used to book the flight, the aaccount will remain with a negativa balance of 39k Avios. You should have redeemed the 90k Avios before december 1st and transfers don't count as Avios redemptions. Regards
Replied on their email today. Waiting for a response. Does anyone have success resetting their balance to 0 after using the miles past 01/12 (not transfers).
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pichalite

Replied on their email today. Waiting for a response. Does anyone have success resetting their balance to 0 after using the miles past 01/12 (not transfers).
Not sure what you are expecting to have happen. You deliberately moved your Avios to BA knowing that your IB+ account would go negative. Live with it, open a new account or replace the missing Avios.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not sure what you are expecting to have happen. You deliberately moved your Avios to BA knowing that your IB+ account would go negative. Live with it, open a new account or replace the missing Avios.
I'm expecting the -50k miles to be reset to 0. I'm ok with -40k balance because I can always move back from BA when I really need to use IB+ for anything.

Following is the latest:

In response to your last e-mail, we inform you that we will proceed to review your case. We noticed a total of 40.000 Avios were transferred through CMA tool to BA / Avios.com, and according to the campaign conditions, promotional Avios had to be redeemed within the programme. In order words, Avios transferences not were valid. Therefore, in case we are able to regularize the Avios balance of your account, it would be only for the amount of 50.000 promotional Avios (which were actually used for purchasing the ticket). However, once we have information about your case, we will contact you over this via.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pichalite
I'm expecting the -50k miles to be reset to 0. I'm ok with -40k balance because I can always move back from BA when I really need to use IB+ for anything.

Following is the latest:
If you cancel a reward that used promo Avios, you should get some of your taxes back but the 50k Avios would immediately expire. Your account should remain at -40k.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:39 am
H3D

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Tenerife
As it's pilot strike, you can get 250€ in cash for the cancelation. Just send a complaint to them.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
if you're going to fly the same route next year, why not just change the date on the third ticket - it's the only amendment that IB allows without cancelling / reissuing (and the attached Avios loss risk) ?
On this topic - an Iberia rep said that award tickets are only valid for 1 year from original purchase date - so you can only change up to 1 year from the date you issued the award ticket. Is this the case? Anyway to get past this? I have a ticket i need to change into Nov 2019 if possible but since i issued it in July 2018 they say I can only change it with departure dates up to July 2019 :-(
Old Apr 26, 2019, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bobdh13
On this topic - an Iberia rep said that award tickets are only valid for 1 year from original purchase date - so you can only change up to 1 year from the date you issued the award ticket. Is this the case? Anyway to get past this? I have a ticket i need to change into Nov 2019 if possible but since i issued it in July 2018 they say I can only change it with departure dates up to July 2019 :-(
All air tickets are only valid for one year from issuance. Of course you usually just get around this by cancelling and re-booking (fare conditions permitting). But naturally you can't do that with promo Avios awards, unless you want to risk it...

The only thing I can think of is making a change that might require a new e-ticket to be issued. i.e. tag on another domestic flight beyond MAD or upgrade or downgrade the existing award. I'm not saying it will work, but it's all I can think of.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
All air tickets are only valid for one year from issuance. Of course you usually just get around this by cancelling and re-booking (fare conditions permitting). But naturally you can't do that with promo Avios awards, unless you want to risk it...

The only thing I can think of is making a change that might require a new e-ticket to be issued. i.e. tag on another domestic flight beyond MAD or upgrade or downgrade the existing award. I'm not saying it will work, but it's all I can think of.
Creative solutions much appreciated - thanks for the tip!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:48 am

I had booked a RT trip with 90k promotional avios + 12k I transferred. I ended up cancelling due to boring real life problems expecting to lose my promotional avios but at least recoup about $300 in taxes after the cancellation fee. I received the $300 and all 102k avios back. Agent did not mention anything about the promotion at all. I remember reading at some point that getting avios refunded was a separate step and took some time after cancelling but I got them with no hassle 3 days after I called. My avios activity page is a total mess but I'm not going to question it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.