Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by pointsifu
I used the 90k bonus avios on a BA award flight from Europe to US. Does anyone know if the avios will be clawed back if i cancel or change the award flight? Thanks in advance.
The rules say no changes are allowed after Dec 1, 2018.
That said, it might be possible to change the date of the flight, as long as the routing etc. stays the same.
Any other changes would require canceling and booking again. With regular award bookings, it can easily take 2 weeks to get the Avios back to make a new booking, so this seems to be a manual process, which means they'll probably see that it's promotional Avios and would refuse to refund the Avios. I wouldn't risk that.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
My 2nd ticket is a mix of promotional Avios and regular Avios. In case of cancellation from my side the worst case should be to get the regular Avios back and loose the promotional Avios.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm looking through all this but having gone slightly blind & need some confirmation :
I booked 4 flights & rcvd 36000 IB Avios. I transfered them to BAEC. My IB account account shows -36000. If I now put 36000 BA > IB that will put my balance back to 0 I guess ? Will it ? Why is that not a 72000 loss overall ?! I know I know ..... probabaly shouldn't have transferred anyway ! Once the programmes merge when ever that is they will take the 36000 back I guess ? Is that what will happen ? Cheers
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Why should that be a 72000 loss overall?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Why should that be a 72000 loss overall?
OK apologies I am slightly confused. Maybe not overall but its from 36000 to -36000 right now. So they will take the 36000 once Avios merges right ?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:37 am

Yes, so you're back to zero.
Per the T&C of the promotion: Any Avios not redeemed through Iberia (they didn't count transfers to BA as a redemption) will be removed on Dec 1.
Since you didn't redeem them through, your IB account went negative. So once the accounts are merged (or you transfer Avios back), they will be wiped out, yes.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Yes, so you're back to zero.
Per the T&C of the promotion: Any Avios not redeemed through Iberia (they didn't count transfers to BA as a redemption) will be removed on Dec 1.
Since you didn't redeem them through, your IB account went negative. So once the accounts are merged (or you transfer Avios back), they will be wiped out, yes.
Got it - thanks so much.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:41 am

No chance IB would let you close an account with negative balance - right ?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:50 am

Some people have asked to have their IB accounts deleted (referring to GDPR).
Iberia will tell you that the account has been deleted, but they will keep information that is necessary for enforcing claims, or something like that. They won't go into detail.
So there's no simple solution here.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:11 am

IB replied now, they do not really seem to delete any information based on GDPR. They only close the accounts, they keep all the data.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: BA, JAL
I have -12,000 avios in my Iberia account after I made a last minute booking, maybe 1 minute after the deadline.
Not sure if I should call IB. I would like to just ask them if they can turn it into a 0 as it looks messy as it is.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne
I have -12,000 avios in my Iberia account after I made a last minute booking, maybe 1 minute after the deadline.
Not sure if I should call IB. I would like to just ask them if they can turn it into a 0 as it looks messy as it is.
Yes, if you give them the booking details and explain - they will give back Avios that were taken away that you used for the reward booking. Note it worked for me as I contacted them the very next day, and it was onTwitter. Avios we’re back within 2 days.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:28 am

Programs: BA, JAL
Originally Posted by sb1982

Yes, if you give them the booking details and explain - they will give back Avios that were taken away that you used for the reward booking. Note it worked for me as I contacted them the very next day, and it was onTwitter. Avios we’re back within 2 days.
Ok - thanks for getting in touch and explaining. I hope it will be as straight forward for me!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I haven't seen anyone in this situation yet. I'm booked on AA domestic flights using these Avios. Due to weather, one set of flights has already been cancelled and it's not looking for the flights I was rebooked on (by AA), for tomorrow. If the new flights are cancelled it will no longer make sense for me to make the trip, at least for a few weeks/months.

What would be the best way to handle a weather cancellation and get a refund or change it so that won't cause me to lose the Avios? If AA cancels the flight, just call IB to refund it and hope for the best? See if AA will rebook me to a much later date? I don't think all the Avios I used were actually part of the promo Avios either, I had transferred some from BA to cover part of the cost, if that would matter... Ideally would get the Avios back, and would re-use them once I could figure out new dates. Second best option, try to have AA rebook me to a random date about a month out. Third best, have AA cancel the flight segments left. Call IB and have them change the dates of the flights to something else, preserving the value of the ticket? Just want to have a good understanding of my options.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I haven't seen anyone in this situation yet. I'm booked on AA domestic flights using these Avios. Due to weather, one set of flights has already been cancelled and it's not looking for the flights I was rebooked on (by AA), for tomorrow. If the new flights are cancelled it will no longer make sense for me to make the trip, at least for a few weeks/months.

What would be the best way to handle a weather cancellation and get a refund or change it so that won't cause me to lose the Avios? If AA cancels the flight, just call IB to refund it and hope for the best? See if AA will rebook me to a much later date? I don't think all the Avios I used were actually part of the promo Avios either, I had transferred some from BA to cover part of the cost, if that would matter... Ideally would get the Avios back, and would re-use them once I could figure out new dates. Second best option, try to have AA rebook me to a random date about a month out. Third best, have AA cancel the flight segments left. Call IB and have them change the dates of the flights to something else, preserving the value of the ticket? Just want to have a good understanding of my options.
Don't expect much help from IB+ if you want to change your AA flights to a different date. Even with a weather waiver you might end up with an agent repeating "no changes on AA rewards" ad infinitum.

I personally would see what AA could do about moving to a future date - you might get lucky and end up in a revenue fare bucket. Otherwise take the refund and cross your fingers. You could move them immediately to BAEC like others did during the autumn (and deal with a negative balance later, if it happens).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.