Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: Everything I know I register myself in
Originally Posted by wlp07
I appreciate the tip about firefox. Just tried it with firefox but am still getting the same problem. Also good to see that it isn't just me having the issue. Guess we'll have to wait it out.
Seems like it's offline. Same problem here.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum
I'm having issues logging in as are my parents. We all tried different browsers. Called their customer service too and they're very rude. Refused to waive the phone booking fee and told me (last night and today) to wait 45 minutes for the site to fix itself.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by cbirch18
I'm having issues logging in as are my parents. We all tried different browsers. Called their customer service too and they're very rude. Refused to waive the phone booking fee and told me (last night and today) to wait 45 minutes for the site to fix itself.
Maybe this is IB's creative way of prematurely ending the redemption period of the promo avios, or otherwise at least this serves as a way for them to juice phone booking fees from those trying to redeem. Reputable airlines at least waive phone booking fees when booking online is not possible. It will be interesting to see how long these site issues persist.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Ugh, wanted to book tonight, but need to transfer some miles from my BA account to my Iberia account first and that seems to work best via the Iberia site. Does anyone know whether I can do that on the phone too?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Maybe this is IB's creative way of prematurely ending the redemption period of the promo avios, or otherwise at least this serves as a way for them to juice phone booking fees from those trying to redeem. Reputable airlines at least waive phone booking fees when booking online is not possible. It will be interesting to see how long these site issues persist.
You cannot book on phone now, their system is down as well.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:56 pm

Booked my RT flights to Madrid including business class on the way there for 102k + fees. I had a ridiculous level of problems using the site. PIN was always wrong. Endless captchas and connection errors. I tried different browsers, clearing caches and cookies, etc.... and seriously the only thing that worked well for me was doing it all on my phone off of my home wifi. No, not in the app, but on the site with desktop mode selected. Basically no errors this way. Iberia must have some kind of IP tagging for people searching a lot or trying to do much of anything to discourage them.

BA to IB transfer worked fine for me, took like 20 minutes to post.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Silver, BA, AA, FlyingBlue, IberiaPlus,Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by Ulgarmoose
Booked my RT flights to Madrid including business class on the way there for 102k + fees. I had a ridiculous level of problems using the site. PIN was always wrong. Endless captchas and connection errors. I tried different browsers, clearing caches and cookies, etc.... and seriously the only thing that worked well for me was doing it all on my phone off of my home wifi. No, not in the app, but on the site with desktop mode selected. Basically no errors this way. Iberia must have some kind of IP tagging for people searching a lot or trying to do much of anything to discourage them.

BA to IB transfer worked fine for me, took like 20 minutes to post.

Can you please tell us when you were able to make this booking? I have tried different computers on different networks, full site/mobile, incognito browser, and vpn connections all with no luck. At this point I would settle for paying a phone booking fee to burn these promo avios.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:55 am

Can you please tell us when you were able to make this booking? I have tried different computers on different networks, full site/mobile, incognito browser, and vpn connections all with no luck. At this point I would settle for paying a phone booking fee to burn these promo avios.
While I have no idea whether you will be able to make a booking over phone at the moment (yesterday it wasn’t possible according to their call center), there should not be any extra fees as compared to online provided making a booking online is impossible. When I booked CX in F with a chunk of these 90k, I was only charged normal taxes, as far as I understand.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Anybody else receiving that bluff email from IB+ about using up the Avios before expiry and states that transfers to BA don't count ?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Anybody else receiving that bluff email from IB+ about using up the Avios before expiry and states that transfers to BA don't count ?
I guess everyone. Loyalty Lobby wrote about that, as well as some other bloggers. Myself I got that letter as well.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Originally Posted by barracuda93
I guess everyone. Loyalty Lobby wrote about that, as well as some other bloggers. Myself I got that letter as well.
I have seen no confirmed reports on Flyertalk of an email being receiving by somebody who spent their bonus Avios fully through IB+.

Feel free to continue believing that it's a bluff until December when it will be too late...
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I have seen no confirmed reports on Flyertalk of an email being receiving by somebody who spent their bonus Avios fully through IB+.

Feel free to continue believing that it's a bluff until December when it will be too late...
No email here. I'm surprised it wasn't just an email to everyone who took part in the promotion, it does seem to be targeted.

Always possible that I accidentally deleted it!
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danam
No email here. I'm surprised it wasn't just an email to everyone who took part in the promotion, it does seem to be targeted.

Always possible that I accidentally deleted it!
Like I've said a couple of times previously in this thread - those who spent every last promo Avios don't appear to be receiving emails.

Therefore the emails are targeted to people who haven't spent their Avios properly. It amuses me to see people call it a "bluff" when IB seems to be emailing a targeted list of members and IB+ T&Cs are quite clear about what constitutes a redemption. I've already bought the popcorn for 1 December...
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I actually didn't pay attention to 'bluff' epithet used. By the time of getting e-mail I used promo Avios only partly, but I didn't know the e-mail is targeted. Anyway, I have spent all 90k by now.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AA Exp
Used my miles (+ some BA miles) yesterday: Europe to Kuwait in (hopefully) Qsuites + regional First (Al Safwa on the outbound!)

Quite a complicated booking: Wanted a connection that did not show up at Iberia.com and wanted to make a booking for an infant using a second Iberia Plus account (so the bookings needed to be linked). Talked to a very friendly gentleman on the phone that made the booking in about half an hour.

Have nothing but positive things to say about this Promo and Iberia in general.
tropikey and craigthemif like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.