Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: Skymiles Platinum / Alaska MVP Gold 75K
After a bit of back and forth I was able to get the 90,000 miles to post way back when. Since then I've used the bulk of the points to book my sister in law and her husband a roundtrip economy non-stop flight from PHL-BCN on AA for their honeymoon.

But I have 6,200 Iberia Avios leftover and I have a need for a one way shorthaul flight from YYZ-LGA this fall. Since I can't do one way with Iberia I'm thinking of transferring the remaining points to BA Exec Club and doing the one way booking that way. I know all the caveats with the transfer but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience transferring a small amount of the Avios to BA.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
My parents STILL haven't received their bonuses - but 5 of us (other family/friends) did. Guess we need to take to Twitter to help.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by glocklt4
My parents STILL haven't received their bonuses - but 5 of us (other family/friends) did. Guess we need to take to Twitter to help.
its a bit late LOL! go for it. ive sent them an obscene number of email in order to get those avios. I've emailed their big shots too and sent emails in 2 minute intervals (1 minute was too hard on myself)
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Diamond, AL
Originally Posted by jamieraedouglass
I had the same problem until I actually filed with the DOT and let Iberia know I did. Two weeks later they quoted the DOT complaint and posted the miles.
Thanks for this!! I finally got my acct unlocked and points posted just yesterday. Wow, that was a lot of work, but will totally be worth it when I’m flying biz to Spain next year.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:54 pm

Hello! I purchased and received the 90k Avios and have been making bookings with them.

My question is this: do you all know if I can change the account from Iberia Avios number to crediting it to my BA Avios and earn tier points if I fly them? I have successfully changed the account associated with the flight via the Finnair tool, however am trying to decide if it can be a tier point run or not...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: QF WP, SQ & VA Gold, IHG Spire AMB, HH Diamond + BA, AA, CX
Originally Posted by DFDubFlyer
Hello! I purchased and received the 90k Avios and have been making bookings with them.

My question is this: do you all know if I can change the account from Iberia Avios number to crediting it to my BA Avios and earn tier points if I fly them? I have successfully changed the account associated with the flight via the Finnair tool, however am trying to decide if it can be a tier point run or not...
No, you can't, if you're referring to the flights booked with the 90k. They're award bookings, so you won't earn any Avios or TPs on them.

If you're referring to the flights you booked in order to get the 90k, then yes you should be able to, if you actually fly them.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by guesswho2000
No, you can't, if you're referring to the flights booked with the 90k. They're award bookings, so you won't earn any Avios or TPs on them.

If you're referring to the flights you booked in order to get the 90k, then yes you should be able to, if you actually fly them.
Yeah, the flights I booked to earn the 90k. If I actually fly them I just didn’t know if I had to credit to IB
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I suppose best practice on these paid no-show tickets is to cancel the day before? I would assume that's better than no-showing.

Thoughts?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Don’t do that. If you cancel, you forfeit your points. At least that’s what their T&C said. Just no-show.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:43 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Tentative
Just a note for all of the posters mentioning the balances merging. They can't merge the balance if their isn't an account to merge.

GDPR. Nudge nudge.
First of all, a big thanks to everyone in this thread. Wife and I received 90k avios each a few weeks ago. We transferred these to BA, allowing us to use a 2-4-1 voucher for F to Japan.

The next question is if / how to close our IB accounts. For 'safety' (i.e. protecting our BA balances in the future) I am minded to do this. Any thoughts before we do? There is a link on the IB plus page saying "Write to us to unsubscribe and erase all your data." This seems ideal, but are there any risks associated?

Thanks
R
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by rl290
First of all, a big thanks to everyone in this thread. Wife and I received 90k avios each a few weeks ago. We transferred these to BA, allowing us to use a 2-4-1 voucher for F to Japan.

The next question is if / how to close our IB accounts. For 'safety' (i.e. protecting our BA balances in the future) I am minded to do this. Any thoughts before we do? There is a link on the IB plus page saying "Write to us to unsubscribe and erase all your data." This seems ideal, but are there any risks associated?

Thanks
R
Did you read the Combine my avios T&C?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DFDubFlyer

Yeah, the flights I booked to earn the 90k. If I actually fly them I just didn’t know if I had to credit to IB
I flew a bunch of them. Used Finnair to change the account to my BAEC account.

Everything worked fine - as expected my BA status showed up on Iberia.com and I managed to select exit rows for free, get all my other status perks (fast track, lounge etc) and also received TPs and Avios in my BA account...

Last edited by mickeyjaw; Oct 18, 2018 at 4:32 am Reason: And yes, I still have the promotional Avios as well...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:55 am

Question

Originally Posted by 343
Did you read the Combine my avios T&C?
Hi 343 and thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, I have read the combine my avoid T&Cs here https://www.avios.com/av/en_gb/about...nditions#partg
However, I don't think really addresses my question. Please let me know what I am missing?

To add a bit of flavour...
  1. Having an Iberia account with -90,000 in on 1 December is obviously pointless to me... so why wouldn't I close the account (and opening a new one later if needed... which may never be the case).
  2. Some posters further up the thread seem to imply that, at some point in the future, BA and Iberia avios schemes may be merged. If that happened, the -90,000 in the IB account will wipe out the BA balance. I have read nothing at all about this happening, but big changes to reward schemes are not unheard of. Better safe than sorry, and close the account now?
Could you please let me know what I have missed in the T&Cs and how it answers my question?

Thanks a million,
R

Last edited by rl290; Oct 18, 2018 at 6:56 am Reason: speling
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by rl290
Last edited by rl290; Today at 2:56 pm Reason: speling
rl290, Sisyphus1carus and klanfa like this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:02 pm

When does the 90K points have to be redeemed by?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.